Talk

Advanced search

Gap Ankle Skimmers. Stretchy?

(11 Posts)
SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 03-Apr-17 13:33:16

I've seen these recommended on here. I've ordered them in my usual size and a size up. Even the size up are tight!!! I haven't bought anything from Gap in years so either I'm fatter than I think I am or they come up a bit small.

Do they stretch? The large size fit ok but are a bit tighter round the thighs that I would usually choose.

Isobela Mon 03-Apr-17 14:13:10

This is interesting as I was asking about gap sizing a while back and everyone said they are huge! So I've been contemplating on what sizes to order!

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 03-Apr-17 15:11:41

I'm wearing the navy spotted ones and they're a few months old now. I think they do have a fair bit of 'give' in them especially on the thighs. I bought my normal size in them and they fitted well, but I can't wear them on my period as they just hurt my stomach as the waistband has no give at all.

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 03-Apr-17 15:31:21

Gah! Isobela. I shall tell myself 'it depends where you carry weight' whilst googling salad recipes!

Thanks Woooo. I think I'll stick with them. If they were jeans I'd be perfectly happy with the fit as I take account of the fact the fabric will give.

burnishedsilver Mon 03-Apr-17 16:02:48

I find Gap sizing to be very inconsistent. No two pairs are the same.

CherylVole Mon 03-Apr-17 17:39:01

sizes not as huge as they used to be tbh

BlueChairs Mon 03-Apr-17 17:40:52

Depends on the item - sometimes a S is fine on me and sometimes it's like a bloody bin bag

CherylVole Mon 03-Apr-17 17:41:00

Make sure you get the 5% lycra ones

blibblibs Mon 03-Apr-17 17:41:21

I find they do have a bit of give in the legs but not the waist.

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 03-Apr-17 20:23:13

I've had DH cast a critical eye over them. He says they are just a tighter cut than my other work trousers. Mind you, he's not very likely to say 'to be honest, you've packed it on'.

Bluechairs you've just reminded me I did but some holiday tees there last summer and the medium was enormous.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Mon 03-Apr-17 23:06:40

Do you mean the bi-stretch skinny ankle pants? If so, I wear my usual size, that is the size I wear in most shops, whereas for looser trousers or shorts in gap I often need a size down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now