Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Clothes shops similar to Karen Millen?

(7 Posts)
oliviaoatcake Mon 03-Apr-17 12:40:44

Now that Karen Millen shops are channeling COS and French Connection, where would you go for fitted, feminine 'event' clothes?

I had a look at Ted Baker at the weekend but aside from a couple of tops and dresses, didn't see anything suitable (I'm over 30 so probably not their target demographic).

Everything seems to be boxy and synthetic.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, I'm a warm clear type so can't wear anything dusty or grey or black or muddy which I realise rules out a lot of what's on offer at the moment as the shops try to push 70s hippyishness and 90s grunge at us.

carrie74 Mon 03-Apr-17 12:44:30

Maybe Reiss? Coast?

oliviaoatcake Mon 03-Apr-17 13:00:39

I like Reiss but they don't seem to do colour, just neutrals.

I think Coast is a bit too 'mother of the bride' for me, although I do like the odd thing.

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 03-Apr-17 15:24:06

I like Reiss, Tommy Hilfiger (not the branded stuff but the more understated stuff) and Ted Baker.

Also, the Pretty Dress Company is lovely for event dresses. Iris and Ink is fab, too, but again mostly neutrals.

NotYoda Mon 03-Apr-17 15:34:47

I think Phase Eight are worth a look. Haven't bought anything for a couple of years though

NotYoda Mon 03-Apr-17 15:35:54

pHASE eIGHT DRESSES

BusterGonad Mon 03-Apr-17 16:22:44

Loving the Georgia dress!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: