Talk

Advanced search

Shoes to bridge the gap between boots and sandals

(13 Posts)
MirandaWest Sun 02-Apr-17 19:33:29

It's that time of year when my boots become a bit too warm and my sandals are too cold.

I have some converse which are all right but am finding they're not too comfortable especially on my right little toe.

I'd prefer something that I can wear socks with and probably that covers at amount of my foot. What is similar to converse, or what else do people suggest?

Ideally I don't want to spend too much either grin. Am wondering what anyone could suggest.

NapQueen Sun 02-Apr-17 19:35:13

Toms.

Superga.

User7654 Sun 02-Apr-17 19:35:29

Vans? Much comfier than converse imo and huge range of colours and styles smile

welshweasel Sun 02-Apr-17 19:35:59

Toms

NotYoda Sun 02-Apr-17 19:37:38

I've moved from Converse to trainers (Nike). Converse gave me a bunion and plantar fascitis.

My feet now refuse to wear anything else.

NotYoda Sun 02-Apr-17 19:43:23

Nike Flex run 2016

Go well with most things

StillRunningWithScissors Sun 02-Apr-17 19:46:06

Ive bought rocket dog trainers (similar to converse, but a bit wider and more comfortable sole), lots of different patterns too.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 02-Apr-17 19:52:24

Trainers or brogues? I have quite a trainer collection - mainly Nike and Adidas - which I wear with trousers, jeans and dresses, and just bought some lovely new brogues from Dune.

MirandaWest Sun 02-Apr-17 19:55:43

Thank you for all the ideas smile.

I mostly wear skater dresses with leggings so most of the suggested shoes should go with them I think.

Poor DH got dragged round various shoe shops today grin

NennyNooNoo Sun 02-Apr-17 19:56:59

I usually find that cheap unbranded baseball boots (converse-style) fit me better than Converse. Toes are the wrong shape for me on Converse. You can get them somewhere like Primark for under a tenner.

NotYoda Sun 02-Apr-17 20:16:47

Trouble is, that cheaper Converse and Converse alike have no arch support. Feet now buggered by that

BikeRunSki Sun 02-Apr-17 20:23:35

Keen sneakers are very supportive and wider than Converse.

happypoobum Sun 02-Apr-17 20:27:04

I have really flat feet so have no problems with Converse smile

Those Nike trainers look really nice though.............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now