Talk

Advanced search

What do you use to tie your hair back?

(16 Posts)
Whatatododo Sun 02-Apr-17 17:16:49

My hair has grown long enough to tie back/up. What do you use? All I've got is an old scrunchie and a doughnut confused which I've never used.

I also haven't got a clue about styles. I notice women around with a messed up high ponytail but not sure if I can carry that off. Any ideas?

jeaux90 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:54:25

Check out YouTube loads of good ideas and how to do them.

Doobigetta Sun 02-Apr-17 19:23:25

Either a bun using one of those twisty coil bobbles, or loose plait with an ordinary bobble. The twisty coil things are amazing- they hold my thick hair in place without tugging or digging in. But the plain silicone ones are rap, they just fall out.

Whatatododo Sun 02-Apr-17 19:35:09

I don't know what a twisty coil thing is. Will they have them in boots and will I recognise it?

Yes good idea re YouTube. I cut a fringe in using a YouTube video and it came out really well.

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sun 02-Apr-17 20:02:59

I like the twisty coil things, too.
Yes, they are sold in Boots: they're called Invisibobbles.

Doobigetta Sun 02-Apr-17 20:08:41

www.invisibobble.com/original/

But Boots, Superdrug, H&M and probably others also do cheaper own-brand versions.

Hilliam Sun 02-Apr-17 21:28:37

How much are they?

treaclesoda Sun 02-Apr-17 21:30:52

Do you know what is a fantastic thing to tie your hair back almost invisibly? Take an old pair of tights and cut bits off the legs. They are stretchy and invisible. I know it sounds weird but honestly they work!

hideehigh Sun 02-Apr-17 21:32:08

Yes treacle! I always used to use tights, the absolute best.
I can't get on with those invisibobble things

WaitrosePigeon Sun 02-Apr-17 21:34:03

About £4. They are very good:

snowgal Sun 02-Apr-17 21:50:34

these highly recommend them. Expensive but they last forever, and look nice and not tight on wrists

RitaConners Sun 02-Apr-17 21:53:39

Scrunchies are back!

Silverstreaks Sun 02-Apr-17 21:59:42

The twisty invisibobbles are great for staying in place. Not too tight and don't leave dent/lines in your hair. I can actually manage a messy bun that stays put.
Thanks for the tip MN they are brill.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 02-Apr-17 22:13:06

Fake invisibobbles. Got a bag of 100 straight from China (aliexpress) for about 5 quid

mimiasovitch Tue 04-Apr-17 08:28:36

I use hair sticks more than anything. It took a bit of practice, but it looks lovely now I've got the hang of it.

ElspethFlashman Tue 04-Apr-17 09:19:39

Invisibobbles here too. You can get a pack of them in Primark. Would never go back now.

Also use a hair claw and twist it up with hair coming out of the top.

Go to Claire's Accessories too. They have a huuuge adult hair section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now