Talk

Advanced search

Rosacea

(9 Posts)
mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 17:07:50

Hello, I would like to know if there're anyone suffers from rosacea and what course of treatments worked for you?

Also, has anyone experienced rosacea due to high levels of estrogen?

I'm currently writing an article about this condition but I would like to know if my research is complete.

Astro55 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:11:01

I was told by the doctor I had it - kept going back for different (greasy) creams - nothing worked for 2 years

I then applied coldsore cream - stung really badly - but it went after 3 days and never returned!!!

No idea if the doctors was wrong for 2 years or what!

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 17:16:43

I'm sorry you went through this. Perhaps, you were misdiagnosed because cold sore cream contains antiviral medicine. Also rosacea never goes away but it can be kept under control with constant treatments and diet.
I'm happy it worked for you though.

Londonjam Sun 02-Apr-17 17:23:06

I've had it for about 5 years. The doctor put me on antiobiotics which didn't seem to make much difference but made me feel really sick. I also tried finacea and metrogel. The finacea hurts but helps when I get spots.

I use sulphur soap which calms it down and helps keep it at bay.

I've also had laser skin therapy several times. That's made the biggest difference, but is expensive.

I've read recently about a cream called Soolantra which contains Ivermectin - which is in flea / mite treatments. Seems to be some positive feedback so I'm going to ask my GP.

Mainly it's just cover up, foundation and trying to avoid triggers. I also wear factor 50 sun cream everyday and I use Clarins gentle moisturiser for sensitive skin.

I hate rosacea sad

Londonjam Sun 02-Apr-17 17:25:53

Ah there was another cream that came out a few years ago - it began with an M but I can't remember what it's called. It's meant to help with flushing. I tried it and it was horrific - my skin flushed so badly it was deep purple red. I was horrified and felt like I had set myself back so far.* shudder*

Mammysin Sun 02-Apr-17 17:26:10

Just been dx with acne roseacea. Dr has prescribed low dose antibiotics for six months. I guess it's wait and see...

nackle Sun 02-Apr-17 17:33:41

I have rosacea too, it appeared in my sixties fgs!
I'm hypothyroid and after doing some research
on LDN (low dose naltrexone) I bought some via
private prescription and found it cleared my rosacea
up.
After a few months on LDN I stopped taking it - it's quite
expensive and it didn't seem to be making any difference
to my hypothyroidism. A few weeks/months later back came
the rosacea so I'm going back on the LDN -
bloody rosacea. A hint of sunshine and I'm inflicted with sore
acne type pustules, not a good look.

Crumbelina Sun 02-Apr-17 17:35:51

Oxytetracycline always worked for me but my GP didn't want me to take it long term. Duac cream is okish but I'm not the best at remembering to use it. La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense was fabulous (non Rx product). It's been fine until I got pregnant recently and now it's back with a vengeance.

BWatchWatcher Mon 03-Apr-17 00:42:24

Soolantra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now