Talk

Advanced search

Slightly a-line chino type skirt wanted....

(5 Posts)
trinity0097 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:14:04

... so I need to buy a new summer skirt, last year I had a version of this which I loved, but it was a zip up the front not buttons like this and slightly more a-line - this was ok-ish but the pockets gaped open on my hips.
www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-straight-midi-skirt-with-belt/p/p22496842?image=SD_01_T57_8528U_SS_X_EC_90&color=STONE&prevPage=plp

I've tried this on, and whilst I liked it in the hanger, because I have a bit of a belly it gapes between the first and second buttons. www.marksandspencer.com/sateen-pocket-detail-midi-skirt/p/p22506157?image=SD_01_T57_8899_M0_X_EC_90&color=CAMEL&prevPage=plp

I want either your traditional chino beige colour or a navy skirt, that I can then wear with lots of different tops all summer long, just like you would with a decent pair of jeans in the winter!

Ideally I would want to try on first as I have no idea what size I would be - just bought a pair of size 14 jeans in m&s but the skirts needed to be 16 that I tried on. Or somewhere with free returns online, so I can buy a 14 and a 16 and return one.

Any bright ideas style people?!

trinity0097 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:40:32

I think I may have solved the problem, I found the skirt I bought last year in the size I need this year on eBay, brand new with tags, no-one had bid on it and it's got about 2 hours left!

Littlelondoner Sun 02-Apr-17 18:47:07

If ebay fails i got something from bannana republic last year. Sure they will do something this season.

LaPampa Tue 04-Apr-17 23:18:30

I bought a skort from Sebago which was like this. Navy, Aline. Pockets. And nice and warm with the shorts underneath too!

BeachysSnowyWellieBoots Tue 04-Apr-17 23:25:51

Quite like this from Seasalt

https://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/skirts/frosted-orache-long-straight-linen-skirt_cliff.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now