Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting to age and have no skin care regime - need help!

(14 Posts)
sniffle12 Sun 02-Apr-17 13:40:53

I'm in late twenties, never had a skin care regime (beyond washing...) but have always been sun-conscious and worn suncream, and don't wear very heavy make-up.

I'm starting to get lines that don't go away when I relax on my forehead so I'm guessing I should be starting something! Moisturising? Essentially I have no idea!

Any recommendations appreciated smile

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 14:45:13

Don't listen to anyone and go to a good dermatologist to assess your skin first.
If you get lines on your forehead, baby botox is the best thing for it. Many people don't realise but you're actually better off getting it in your late 20s early 30s rather than in your 50s. It prevents wrinkles from forming at first place.
You should definitely add products containing antioxidants (same goes for your diet). Lack of antioxidants is the main cause for ageing.

You might find this article useful: mbinsider.com/anti-ageing-routine/

Floisme Sun 02-Apr-17 15:06:06

I think mbinsider has forgotten to mention that she's promoting her own website both on this and on several other threads. I'm sure the oversight was unintentional.

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 16:22:57

@Floisme I'm a beauty blogger so yes, I'm on several threads concerning beauty. In fact, I'm registered in mumnet as a blogger too. That's what we do - talk about beauty. A person who I give advice can only benefit from my experience. I don't benefit by giving advice about seeing dermatologist or botox. And if I already wrote an article on the topic I will post a link to it - there is nothing wrong with it.
I also often use forums for my research and inspiration.

Not sure why you want me to look bad here. Bad day?

Floisme Sun 02-Apr-17 16:27:00

My day is fine but thank you for asking.

I pointed out that you were promoting your own website but hadn't declared it. So I fixed it for you.

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 16:30:27

Speechless...But thanks! You're very kind...

specialsubject Sun 02-Apr-17 16:31:06

Botox, surgery or don't worry. No cream does anything and normal skin needs no care beyond washing and sunscreen.

Floisme Sun 02-Apr-17 16:34:35

No problem mbinsider

boolifooli Sun 02-Apr-17 16:34:36

I've never seen a 60/70 year old look anything other than odd when they've spent their life doing stuff to their face in a bid to keep young.

NotYoda Sun 02-Apr-17 16:35:55

Baby Botox

Oh Good God!

megletthesecond Sun 02-Apr-17 16:37:05

Moisturise morning and evening. Whether that's vaseline or ££££ worth is down to what you can afford and what suits your skin.

Eat a good diet with healthy oils and colourful fruit and veg. Make sure you exercise too.

NotYoda Sun 02-Apr-17 16:38:29

Stop having facial expressions. Stop laughing, stop crying. Don't go out. Stay in and watch TOWIE and wonder how it is that skin can look that plastic

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 16:48:11

I've seen some amazing results. Very important who you go to. But I agree, Botox isn't for everyone. However, no one can give you better advice here than a dermatologist when he sees your skin.
Moisturises can help to improve the appearance of your skin and prevent moisture from escaping your skin but you have to be very careful with the ingredients. Moisturises could actually perpetuate the problem if overused or misused.

Ollivander84 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:52:20

SPF is good
Basics - done at the sink, not shower. Tepid water, not hot

PM - oil cleanser (body shop camomile is popular)
AM - gentle cream cleanser (la Roche posay toleraine)

Add in a moisturiser and maybe a hyaluronic acid serum for extra hydration (look at face theory, la Roche posay, Avene for moisturisers)

Research other ingredients like retinol, exfoliating acids (AHA and BHA)

Come over to the skincare thread (titled snail!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now