Talk

Advanced search

BB cream or foundation for super-pale skin?

(14 Posts)
ZiggyForever Sun 02-Apr-17 12:15:50

I'm not talking ivory here. I'm talking grey-white. I'm talking translucent to the point of being able to see my veins.

Yes, I'm a ginger, but not one of those lovely porcelain ones - one of the really sickly, unhealthy-looking ones confused

Any suggestions for a base that doesn't look pink, orange or otherwise totally unnatural on my face would be so appreciated!

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 14:49:06

Erborian BB Creme Au Ginseng BB cream - you can get it at space NK.

QuimReaper Sun 02-Apr-17 14:52:13

Sounds like me smile

I've never found a liquid foundaiption that really works but I swear by Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation. The concealer is especially good, it is actually the colour of actual milk. After years of actually highlighting my blemishes by turning them brown (with all those "ivory" concealers hmm) it's a revelation.

VintagePerfumista Sun 02-Apr-17 15:37:15

The Korean brands are very very pale.

I am an ivory etc in other brands which is about the darkest some of the Korean ones do!

I have the Dior Nude BB cream in the lightest shade and that is far far too light for me, so I mix it with some other foundation I have.

ZiggyForever Sun 02-Apr-17 15:40:36

Thank you very much - the only one I've heard of is the Dior one so this will be an exciting (and possibly expensive? grin) adventure!

inspiredbutohsotired Sun 02-Apr-17 15:43:52

I'm ginger too and I use Revlon colourstay foundation in the palest shade. Seems to work okay for me with translucent powder over the top.
Dainty Doll makeup by Nicola Roberts is for 'ginger skin' too, not sure if it still exists but I had that once and it was great!

VintagePerfumista Sun 02-Apr-17 16:40:20

The Korean one I had was Missha BB cream. Cheap as chips from ebay and Missha also have a website based in Germany I think! The Korean BB creams are much more like our foundations btw.

annandale Sun 02-Apr-17 16:42:06

Have a look at the Body Shop bb cream 01? I really like it.

UncomfortableBadger Sun 02-Apr-17 19:29:47

Kryolan Ultra Cream Foundation in the snazzily named shade Deathly Flesh does it for me and I have exactly the same colouring as you.

Otherwise, Dermacol foundation in 208 (NOT 207 - 208 is paler, weirdly).

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly works for me also. Can't get on with their lightest foundation shade, Siberia, though.

UncomfortableBadger Sun 02-Apr-17 19:30:51

Oh and also Golden Rose gel foundation stick in the palest colour! That's a good 'un too and like the Dermacol, is cheap as chips smile

Helenluvsrob Sun 02-Apr-17 19:36:16

Dd2 who struggles to get pale enough foundation uses the NYX creamy beige mineral powder. It's a bargain at £11

PollyPerky Sun 02-Apr-17 19:50:43

Bobbi Brown Alabaster is too pale for me- I use next shade up in stick foundation and skin foundation- and I find almost all other foundations too dark.

Others that are very pale include NARS Siberia, Revlon Colour Stay (not used), possibly Lancome 050 or 070 shades.

Laura Mercier's palest shade in foundations is also pale but has a pinky tone.

Nicketynac Sun 02-Apr-17 21:30:52

I bought the Missha B cream, number 13, off eBay. I love it - good coverage and lovely and pale. Took a couple of weeks to arrive though although you can pay extra to have it dispatched from the UK.

ZiggyForever Sun 02-Apr-17 21:32:03

Amazing - thanks everyone, I really appreciate the recommendations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now