Talk

Advanced search

Best jeans for apple shape

(12 Posts)
MiriAmmerman Sun 02-Apr-17 09:03:45

I currently have another S&B thread on the go about the fact that I need to buy myself a whole new wardrobe, and something I think I need is jeans (don't own a single pair). Don't really know where to start though. I need jeans which will fit the following:

5'4" (and long of torso/short of leg. Inside leg around 27')
Size 18
Carry all weight on abdomen - legs are relatively slim, especially at the ankle.
Quite a curvy large bottom.

When I say I'm an apple, I'm not kidding. People regularly assume I'm pregnant because my tummy is so pronounced. Part of it is the way I carry my weight, and part of it is that I had an abdominal hysterectomy 2.5 yrs ago (cancer - I'm only 31) so my abdominal muscles were cut to pieces and everything pushes forward.

I stopped wearing jeans because I couldn't find any to fit my big belly and my scar (vertical, from above belly button all the way down to vag) was tender. But I think it's time to try again (and I also think my current uniform of loose floral tunics and empire line dresses is encouraging people to assume pregnancy, and it really distresses me every time).

So, if you're an apple 🍎 and especially if you have a bulge / caesarean scar / "mum tum" fucking hate that phrase, which jeans work?!

deaddeadgood Sun 02-Apr-17 11:33:33

Fellow Apple following here!
That sounds rough OP flowersor winefor you

MiriAmmerman Sun 02-Apr-17 12:52:43

Thanks! Am hoping someone with apple-y wisdom will come along to help us!

Sweets101 Sun 02-Apr-17 12:54:34

I have some higwaisted jeans from H&M that are soft and cheap and do the job quite well, will try to find a link

Sweets101 Sun 02-Apr-17 12:57:44

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0494691007.html#Black denim

These are them. I've had a c section, 4 pregnancies and am also short of leg and long of body. Tis a nightmare for jeans!

Eminybob Sun 02-Apr-17 13:01:01

Tesco.
I'm a very pronounced apple size 16 and their jeans are nice and high waisted and stretchy.
My only complaint is the skinnies are a little too loose around the ankle. More straight leg than true skinny.

RuncibleSp00n Sun 02-Apr-17 13:02:18

I have apply-wisdom, my fellow pommes!!! 🍎🍏

I've face similar jeans woes for years I'm 5'7 but I'd say 90% of me is torso/belly. My back is so long I can't even wear Long Tall Sally swimwear. Tiny stumpy legs & short arms. Hugely apple-shaped (pcos, insulin intolerance and two kids). I've almost given up trying to find jeans but....

This week I saw a pop-up ad for some M&S jeggings (don't scoff!) which at £15 I thought I'd order and see. They. Are. A. Gamechanger! grin I ordered them in a 16 Long, and despite my stumpy legs they are perfect. Means I can yoink them right up to cover my acres of belly but they're still long enough, and as they're skinnies they don't trail on ground, they just gather nicely below the ankle. They're properly high-waisted too, so minimal muffin-top, and very comfy as they've no brass buttons impaling your navel.

Heartily recommend. star

Lidlfix Sun 02-Apr-17 13:10:01

M&S jeggings. Next waist enhancer. Next relaxed skinnies were great 3 years ago but they changed them.

fluffywhitekittens Sun 02-Apr-17 13:14:58

I tend to find jeggings easier to wear than jeans, Sainsburys fit me quite well, more of a 14 around the waist but 10/12 on hips, legs.

Yorkshirebornandbred Sun 02-Apr-17 13:15:33

Runcible which jeggings are they? I need some too.

MiriAmmerman Sun 02-Apr-17 19:10:06

Ooh lots of ideas - thank you! Am off to investigate M&S.
I've tried Sainsbury's jeggings and they're super comfy, but I'd like them a bit tighter on the leg / ankle. The problem I have is that if they're voluminous enough to get round big scar and wobbly overhang, they aren't tight enough on the legs.
Am happy to have found some fellow pommes 🍎🍎🍎

RuncibleSp00n Sun 02-Apr-17 19:40:13

They were these ones..

M&S Skinny Leg High Rise Jeggings

Product code: 21582226

Size: 16 Long

Colour: BLACK

Qty: 1

Apologies not to be able to actually link to the page, but I'm not modern enough for such wizardry. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now