Talk

Advanced search

How to get smooth skin on legs? (Red dots but not kp?)

(8 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sun 02-Apr-17 08:58:34

I've always had little red dots at the follicle on my lower legs. Well since being an adult anyway. I dont think it's keratosis pilaris, I get this on my arms and my skin on lower legs isn't rough, it's just smooth but dotty looking.
How do I get smooth clear skin? It's coming round to warmer weather again and I never feel truly comfortable going out with bare legs.
I'm at a loss for what to do or use to help it. It's like it's an entirely different type of skin as I don't get this anywhere else!
Any pearls of wisdom welcome.

BoboChic Sun 02-Apr-17 08:59:55

Do you bathe or shower? Do you exfoliate? Epilate?

keeponkeepinon Sun 02-Apr-17 09:06:04

I bathe to relax and shower to be efficient so both. Don't really exfoliate very often, I never find those grainy scrubs do much other than wash down the shower. I just forget about it. I use a razor. And often think that surely this does some exfoliating anyway?

ilovecherries Sun 02-Apr-17 09:07:14

I used to get this. I think it was down to always using a shower so my lower legs never really got a good rub, just soapy water running over them. I started to make point of giving them a gentle exfoliatation every day. Nothing rough, just using a face cloth to scrub them over. Then rinse and dry thoroughly and slather in moisturiser - nothing fancy, just whatever was cheap in Boots. Cleared up in a fairly short time, and hasn't come up unless I stop rubbing and moisturising.

BoboChic Sun 02-Apr-17 10:44:05

Bathing daily softens skin and you should then exfoliate with a mitt and a high-quality moisturizing shower gel, followed by a high-quality body moisturizer.

keeponkeepinon Sun 02-Apr-17 11:37:50

Thanks for you suggestions. To be honest, I normally buy whatever shower gel or moisturiser is on offer. What constitutes high quality as I sometimes wonder if there's little difference from one to the next.

ilovecherries Sun 02-Apr-17 12:46:42

So do I, keepon. I do spend money on some skincare, but I reckon shower gel is only on for a minute before it's washed off, and moisturiser is (largely speaking) pretty much the same. I'm not going to spend a fortune on something I'm going to slather everywhere. I reckon I'm better using a cheap one regularly and enthusiastically on my body. There's a lot to cover :D

JamesDelaneysHat Sun 02-Apr-17 13:44:03

I agree that gentle exfoliation and moisturiser will get rid of them. I have them but in the summer i make more effort with exfoliating and i use E45 lotion daily and the dots pretty much go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now