Talk

Advanced search

Bad hair do care AIBU?

(2 Posts)
Nomorepelvicfloor Sat 01-Apr-17 20:17:39

I get my haircut by a lovely lady here where we live she works from home it's cheap and I love how she cuts my hair. After a few years of growing out my old highlights and being au naturel I thought I'd take the plunge and have some new colour put in. I've ended up with something that makes me look similar to a badger when it's up and also the highlights are miles from my head. I'm not happy and I told her, she said she'd done a course it was a new technique and it's supposed to look like that but I should have told her in consultation that I wear it up(was wearing it up when I turned up) as she wouldn't have reccomended it. She's offered to put it right for free. I went to get a second opinion with another hairdresser today (wanted to ensure I wasn't overreacting) he took one look at me and said 'come and sit down'😩 The choice is get it done with her for free but the trust is gone and I'm scared she will mess up again. The other hairdresser said it would cost £45 to put right. What would you do? We live in a really small village and we have mutual friends I don't want it to get awkward, finding the whole thing quite upsetting as I hate conflict...

PonderLand Sat 01-Apr-17 20:58:46

I'd go with the £45 one. If it's something she's only just being taught then maybe she needs to practice on a few more models before attempting it again on a client. Is it bayalage?

Do you need to tell her you've been to another hairdresser? Will she ask? She may just cotton on herself and be a bit too embarrassed to ask who did your hair after her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now