Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Teen dress idea

(8 Posts)
OldJoseph Sat 01-Apr-17 20:10:31

So dd (14) needs a dress and I've no idea where to start. She wears school uniform or jeans / leggings.

She'll be reluctant to wear adult sizes (but might be persuaded). I don't think she'll want too much flesh / bra straps on show.

I've seen some slip dresses with t-shirts underneath which might suit but any other ideas / shops I've not thought of would be great.

LindyHemming Sat 01-Apr-17 20:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chartreuse Sat 01-Apr-17 20:24:10

Usually lots aid dresses in Zara that would suit

Sleepyhead456 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:55:56

New look do a teen range

JustSpeakSense Sat 01-Apr-17 20:58:38

Boohoo are great, I ordered my DD a ton online, she tried them all on at home she could really take her time choosing and I sent back those she didn't like. It was pain free.

OldJoseph Sat 01-Apr-17 21:54:53

Thanks for your replies.

Occasion is a theatre trip, but it we get it right she might be able to wear it for a family party later in the year. I hadn't thought of Hollister, Quiz or Zara although I've looked at New Look and H&M. She rarely asks for clothes and if she does it's leggings or jeans.

10Betty10 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:02:08

New Look teen range (915) does some nice, reasonable priced dresses.

This black one is quite a simple, non revealing choice if she's not a dressy type of girl: m.newlook.com/shop/teens/dresses/teens-black-mesh-drop-hem-dress_521246101

They have a slip and t shirt one too:
m.newlook.com/shop/teens/dresses/teens-black-2-in-1-rose-print-slip-dress_522024209

relaxo Sat 01-Apr-17 22:05:33

River Island do a teen range.
M&S have a teen range called Angel.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: