Talk

Advanced search

Plus size tights

(14 Posts)
UncomfortableBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 19:02:18

Are any of you lovely lot willing to share where you buy fabulous plus size tights?

Am a tall size 20 (5'10") and just can't find any that work!

Have tried both ASOS and New Look plus size tights recently but both had literally no elastic in them, so they ended up round my knees before I'd got into work blush

Cheers muchly!

Theworldisfullofidiots Sat 01-Apr-17 19:04:25

I think boots do the best tights.....Im not as tall or quite the same size but I would stand by my claim about Boots!

BinRaidingRaccoon Sat 01-Apr-17 19:05:10

EBay. M&S are also good.

gandttuesday Sat 01-Apr-17 19:06:16

I'm exactly the same height and size and Primark x large are perfect!

UncomfortableBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 19:11:14

Primark is an interesting suggestion - had thought they wouldn't work for my size/shape!

Have had some success with M&S black tights but have always been disappointed with their sheer tights. Ideally I want some nude tights for summer dresses at work and REALLY struggling to find some that fit.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far smile

Ollivander84 Sat 01-Apr-17 19:29:48

Big bloomers company. I'll find a review

Ollivander84 Sat 01-Apr-17 19:30:40

Oops. Big tights company
http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/2014/01/23/the-perfect-plus-size-tights/

OhHolyFuck Sat 01-Apr-17 19:39:48

Matalan did the best tights I ever found
Primark were awful on me, the guesset wouldn't go past my knees

ilovecherries Sat 01-Apr-17 20:33:26

I'm a size 20 and 5 foot 7. I occasionally fit in Next XL, and they wouldn't work if I were taller. Some Falke ones are ok, and I suspect would go bigger, but like a PP said, Big Tights Company is best I've found.

Vegansnake Sat 01-Apr-17 21:55:12

Simply be and fashion world..you can't go wrong there

Anniepops Wed 05-Apr-17 11:07:04

I've had some good nude tights a while ago from Peacocks. I just bought the largest size (xxl or xxxl I think) and it was brilliant not to have to struggle into them. I usually wear Marks and Spenser tights in size XL although some styles in that size have not fitted. The bodysensor thermal ones are usually good.

Anniepops Wed 05-Apr-17 11:08:22

If it's any consolation I always find tights a nightmare to find a good fit. I have bought so many in my time and it's so disappointing when you get them home and then they don't fit.

AlmostNQT Wed 05-Apr-17 11:15:17

Another vote for Primark XL!

Almost the same height at 5"7 and often they bunch at my ankles because there's extra length when stretched so would be great for someone slightly taller and I'm the same size and they all fit perfectly no matter what the thickness!

Mine never run or get tears easily either!

bookbook Wed 05-Apr-17 11:15:58

very expensive ( but maybe not if you factor in price per wear smile ) , - Wolford do the best, and they last Before I lost some weight, I was much the same as you 5'10" and size 20. M &S - had to be pulled up too much , and always put a finger through them .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now