Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Beauty treatments

(5 Posts)
Looneytune253 Sat 01-Apr-17 19:01:29

Just won a comp at a local beauty salon to get semi permanent eyelash extensions. Im really not a girly girl (but do like to look nice). Has anyone had them? What is it like? I also have a balyage, cut and blow dry and st tropez tan as part of the prize. Thinking about waiting till I'm off for the week to get it done. Wish i had an occasion to get done up for.

dailystuck71 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:05:34

Can you ask them for treatments to the same value? I had eyelashes done and they irritated the life out of me. I wear glasses though so that may well have been the issue. Don't know what balyage is?

Cut and blow dry I'd only trust my hair dresser with and I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a good fake tan.

Sorry, I know I sound really negative! Congratulations on the win but I'd rather have a facial or a massage.

Wellitwouldbenice Sat 01-Apr-17 20:09:37

Just go for it, it will be fun. None of that is permanent. smile

Looneytune253 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:45:22

I've had fake tan before and balyage isn't dissimilar to my usual only i have a bob so not sure how it will work out. Looked on Google though and still looks good with a bob.

mbinsider Sun 02-Apr-17 14:51:18

Here you find everything you need to know about eyelash extensions:
mbinsider.com/eyelash-extensions-everything-need-know/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: