Talk

Advanced search

Semi permanent hair colour and Grey hair!

(9 Posts)
Isobela Sat 01-Apr-17 16:49:55

I use a semi permanent hair colour (24 washes) every 4-6 weeks and only wash my hair twice a week yet all my grey is showing through after about 4 weeks!

Is this normal? I've not used a permanent dye for about 20 years so I'm worried it's going to wreck my hair if I need to switch to a better fix...

Please help !

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Sat 01-Apr-17 16:53:08

I use semi permanent and leave it on for about 2 hours or more. Now it lasts ages, in fact I last did it about 5 weeks ago and it's just starting to fade and show my greys again.
I got the tip from here so I'll pass it on!

SwedishEdith Sat 01-Apr-17 16:56:01

Where is the grey showing? My roots always start to show after about 2 weeks. Can't do anything about that. But, yes, leave it on for about an hour.

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Sat 01-Apr-17 16:56:49

I have a lot of greys and wash my hair every day by the way, so yours should go a lot longer.

Isobela Sat 01-Apr-17 17:09:35

Which dye do you use?
I didn't know you could leave it on that long- I'll try it next time!

Isobela Sat 01-Apr-17 17:10:18

Greys are mainly at the front, it's not root regrowth it's the whole silvery strands!

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Sat 01-Apr-17 17:23:06

I use L'Oreal Casting- it comes out the same colour as if you leave it in for 20 mins, just not as quick to wash out.

Isobela Sat 01-Apr-17 17:24:35

Oh great that's the one I use anyway. I'll give it a go - thank you!

SwedishEdith Sat 01-Apr-17 17:32:03

Casting here as well. I assume I'm 70%+ white/grey but this covers it
except where I miss a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now