We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me what this skin (thing? issue?) is called please?

(7 Posts)
dudsville Sat 01-Apr-17 16:01:51

I've not been able to find the right words for a google search so if you can help I'd be grateful.

I occasionally get a tiny raised bump on my face. It's about the size of the ball point on a pen or a 1/4 of a grain of rice. What comes out is a dried thing, which I presume is old face product of some sort blocking a pore. But what is the bump itself called? It's not a white head or a black head according to pics on google.

This isn't a big problem but I'm really curious to know what it's called!

Dulcimena Sat 01-Apr-17 16:06:25

Milia? It may look white under the skin, but when it grows/out/falls off it'll likely be a small, dehydrated, milky yellow-ish blob.

Or it could just be a blackhead.

Flantastico Sat 01-Apr-17 16:06:39

Could be milia.

dudsville Sat 01-Apr-17 16:06:51

And I just thought this quote was funny re whiteheads, "One should not try to remove whiteheads while alone at home due to the high possibility of damaging own skin." What on earth do they think people are going to do if left to their own resources?!

Flantastico Sat 01-Apr-17 16:07:18

Oops cross post

dudsville Sat 01-Apr-17 16:07:19

I'll google milia thanks

dudsville Sat 01-Apr-17 16:13:37

Milia needs professional help to remove - maybe that is the basis for the line I quoted above! Unless I'm doing something wrong I don't think this is it. My thing isn't noticeable (it's a bump under my skin rather than white), until it "surfaces", and I suppose it must itch a little or something as somehow my attention is drawn to it, and by then it can just be very gently squeezed out. Some of the other descriptions of milia are correct for my experience. Thanks for the ideas, it'll help my google search!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now