Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to help me start again?!

(8 Posts)
MiriAmmerman Sat 01-Apr-17 15:55:02

So, I haven't bought any new clothes in over a year, and the majority of my clothes are more than 3 years old blush I don't have much stuff - 3 or 4 casual outfits and about 8 possible work outfits eat your heart out Marie fucking Kondo and it's all old. I can't sit around waiting to look how I used to, because it isn't happening. So I'm looking for some inspiration from you lot grin

This is what I'm working with:

5' 4"
Size 18
Large-ish boobs (36DD)

Good bits: bum; boobs; legs
Terrible bits: stomach; upper arms

I'm 32 and work in an office which isn't too corporate (so no jeans, but flexible otherwise). I wear jersey dresses to work and tunics with leggings at the weekends. I'm in a total rut and don't even know where to start.

So, if you're my kind of apple shape, what do you wear? If you know any stylish plus-size women, how do they dress? Any ideas of shops / ranges I could try? (My budget is more M&S than Hobbs / Whistles).

TIA and sorry for the long post smile

margaritasbythesea Sat 01-Apr-17 19:07:22

I would repost putting something about being apple shape in the title. I have no idea myself but i have seen similar topics with lots of responses.

shesnotme Sat 01-Apr-17 19:11:30

Watching with interest, yourr a similarf build to me.

DianaT1969 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:33:47

I would start with the shoes and work upwards. What kind of footwear do you want to wear at work and at weekend? I won't wear heels, for example. Not unless it's a night out by car/taxi. So I don't buy dresses and skirts which only look right with heels (back vented pencil skirts for example). Look at asos curve and Mango's 18+ online store for ideas.

Notonaschoolnight Sat 01-Apr-17 21:44:35

Pinterest is great for inspiration

MiriAmmerman Sun 02-Apr-17 08:52:48

Thanks everyone smile

Re: shoes, I basically only wear flats. I have one pair of low- heeled Mary Janes for special occasions, but generally I like DMs, Chelsea boots, ballet pumps (although can't wear if I'm going to do much walking, because they aren't supportive enough) and Converse-type things. I need new shoes as well as new everything else confused

I'm thinking of joining Pinterest and Instagram for the first time in my life. I don't own any jeans, so I'm planning to order a load of pairs online from various places and experiment. I think once I've found some jeans that fit if such a thing exists I can try out tops.

MiriAmmerman Sun 02-Apr-17 09:04:18

Just started a specific jeans thread too!

Truckingalong Sun 02-Apr-17 10:01:04

Tu at sainsburies is the current best budget place for clothes. All kinds of gems in there. Go to one of the big ones, rather than the ones that cram their clothes into a couple of isles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now