Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hush Boyfriend Jeans

(17 Posts)
pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sat 01-Apr-17 15:35:38

Considering ordering these, and wondering how flattering they would be on my size 12 pear-shaped figure.
Any advice?

neveradullmoment99 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:57:27

I have two pairs from last season and wore them a fair bit. I am a pear and size 12. I think they can flatter but i think what you need to consider is balancing your shape. I suppose that means thinking more carefully where the t-shirt or top ends. I would not wear a shortish top with them but one that would come down further. I feel for me, this looks fine.
Strangely ordered their palest ones this year and feel i am maybe between sizes as they are really baggy. I can see though they are different from the darker shade as they have elastine through them which it doesnt state on the description. I have reordered them in a 10 to compare.

Chickydoo Sat 01-Apr-17 17:06:33

I have them, they are great.
I am usually a size 8, but had to Re-order in the 6 as they are really big

Brown76 Sun 02-Apr-17 07:20:59

I've ordered the 8, am usually a 10 and 5,7 but found them tighter than I expected and short so sent back. Have ordered the 10 but according to their size guide I am a 12 so very confused!

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sun 02-Apr-17 14:09:48

Well, I've ordered a 12 to try so I'm looking forward to seeing how they look.

PegEgg Sun 02-Apr-17 15:23:07

Am waiting for mine to arrive. I have high hopes. Fed up with jeans and hoping these solve all my problems!

neveradullmoment99 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:33:04

Well my size 10 came and they are lovely. Absolutely delighted with them. smile

user1486161908 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:10:23

Yes mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased, comfy and quite flattering too! Size 18, got size 16 in the light denim and they are still a bit big in the waist, need a belt. Good though!

jennymac Tue 04-Apr-17 13:10:21

I was thinking of ordering these. Usually a size 8 to 10 depending on shop so hopefully an 8 will be fine size wise. Just wondering if anyone knows of a discount code for Hush - even free delivery would be good!

LittleMysMoominMamma Tue 04-Apr-17 13:53:53

APRIL17 will get you free delivery smile

taybert Tue 04-Apr-17 15:12:00

I'm tempted.

jennymac Tue 04-Apr-17 16:20:24

Thank you moomin!

JDSTER Tue 04-Apr-17 19:26:27

I bought some today in John Lewis so I could try them on first. They are the first boyfriend jeans I've bought and they are really comfy. Quite loose and casual looking, compared to my usual skinny or straight leg jeans. I'm usually 8-10 the 8 are a bit big but I think that's just the style so I'm keeping them.

LaPampa Tue 04-Apr-17 23:12:05

I love mine. Mind you, I bought the 10 post baby last year and they are now too loose so I'd recommend getting the size down as they are quite big.

taybert Wed 05-Apr-17 07:04:42

How are they through the thighs? I've tried quite a few alternatives but to get them slightly relaxed in the thighs they've all been far too big on the waist. My thighs are, erm, not skinny.

taybert Thu 06-Apr-17 15:09:48

Gah! The colour I prefer are now on pre order only. Should've ordered yesterday.

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Tue 11-Apr-17 08:46:09

Reporting back.
Well, the jeans arrived yesterday, and I don't like them, so they will be going back.
They fit, but are unflattering, and are certainly not loose-fitting on me: maybe they are not the right style for curvier hips.
I am not fat, but I felt it in these, and trying them on has actually made me feel quite a frump!
So it's back to my trusty Sainsbury's slouchy- fit jeans, which I've had for years, and in which I feel shapely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: