We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Come hither bra experts

(19 Posts)
Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 10:34:15

I did the intervention last year and got some fab advice. I'm now a humongous 30hh or so I thought. Just recently I noticed I've got quite a bit of back fat above and below the back strap. I've tried scooping and that helps a little but cups too small.

I've tried a 32gg that I had before and the cup I know def doesn't fit nor does the band it's gaping under my boobs.

What size should I try? Currently love cleo bras but could do with a nice Smoothing t shirt type. Also like curvy Kate but can't seem to get them to fit. Do I need to go up 1/2 sizes?

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 01-Apr-17 11:01:51

30J Panache Tango II. Trust me. Don't go for the Tango plunge though.

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 11:25:22

Is that the balconette one? I think I tried it in 30j and it was huge. I think. Willing to give it another go. Maybe I should just lose weight.....

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 01-Apr-17 11:27:32

Not sure if it's a balconette one - it's certainly industrial in strength and proportions! I love it. It looks huge but I find it just has good coverage

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 11:31:07

Ok. I'll give it a go. Have you tried curvy Kate?

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 01-Apr-17 11:41:29

No but will look it up. I've been wearing the Tango II for years - it may be time to see what else is out there!

Is there a Bravissimo near you? You can book free fittings. It's definitely worth it.

I find that shops like M&S don't really cater for bigger sizes if the back is still quite small. I've been measured wrongly there 3 times.

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 12:37:59

I'd never go m&s. Heard real horror stories. No. BRavissimo near sadly. They have a sale online at the mo so maybe time to do a bulk order!

FreeNiki Sat 01-Apr-17 14:12:22

Freya is good and their sizing comes up a bit big

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 14:33:19

Thanks free I always used to wear Freya but found they were coming up small in cup. Do you wear normal size or size up? Used to love Freya they were always prettier and a bit more delicate looking

bimbobaggins Sat 01-Apr-17 17:12:14

I'd never go back to m&s for a bra fitting. I use bravissimo now but I have been to r&p in the past.
If you are buying in bulk from bravissimo they do a loyalty scheme where after 10 bras you get one (£30) worth free. I've just had my free one .

FreeNiki Sat 01-Apr-17 18:19:46

I was wearing the wrong size until I wore freya so I dont know what Id be in other sizes now.

FreeNiki Sat 01-Apr-17 18:19:57

other styles

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 18:23:37

Bumping for the evening crowd.

Chocolou Sat 01-Apr-17 22:52:33

Bump

FreeNiki Sun 02-Apr-17 01:46:01

Just go into a bra shop and try a load of stuff on in different styles and sizes.

That's how i found out freya fitted me best.

Chocolou Sun 02-Apr-17 09:45:46

I'd do that but we've only got a rubbish John Lewis that doesn't carry much stock actually only the fantasie elodie old lady bra in my size.

FreeNiki Sun 02-Apr-17 10:52:18

Shit. Where are you based? I forget how spoiled we are in London.

Chocolou Sun 02-Apr-17 20:45:53

Southampton. It's not great. Plenty of bra shops.just most stop at e cup!!

FreeNiki Tue 04-Apr-17 15:46:29

John Lewis has good customer services. Could you order a few sizes online have them delivered to the store and return what doesnt fit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now