Talk

Advanced search

Non greasy/white spf cream for under make up - recommendations please ladies!

(25 Posts)
Dontsayyouloveme Sat 01-Apr-17 09:52:44

I need to start using sunscreen on my face, spf50, on a daily basis. Can you recommend a non greasy, non white one made especially for wearing under make up?? Looking to spend up to £30!

Thanks smile

Tweedledumb0 Sat 01-Apr-17 09:56:34

Everyone on here recommends Biore watery essence, which is factor 50. So, like a sheep, i bought it too... And it's great!

Dontsayyouloveme Sat 01-Apr-17 09:59:51

Oh great!!! Do you wear it under make up? X

YouWereRight Sat 01-Apr-17 10:00:35

I really like the Vichy mattifying one.

Stansmith01 Sat 01-Apr-17 10:05:57

Shiseido Senka Mineral Water UV Gel SPF50 PA+++
I saw a recommendation on r/skincareaddiction. The reason I chose this sunscreen over the popular Biore one is because the Biore contains more alcohol and I have quite dehydrated skin. Although, most people have had no issues using it so both are great options. I like this Shiseido one as it's light, doesn't irritate my acne prone skin, and I only paid £7 on Amazon (with free shipping from Japan)

XiCi Sat 01-Apr-17 10:12:13

The Biore one made my foundation bobble and I found it hard to get an even finish over it. I'm really liking LRP Anthelios ultra light comfort cream at the moment. I've got oily skin and it's light, non greasy and a good foundation baae. Spf50

MrsChopper Sat 01-Apr-17 10:14:47

I have used Boots Soltan face sun cream. They have different types covering a range of skin care needs. I never found it greasy and was fine under makeup.

Shamoffour Sat 01-Apr-17 10:15:11

I was going to start a thread asking about this!
My Dp needs to start wearing sunscreen on all visible bits (he has just been diagnosed with skin cancer) would any of these be ok for him do you think?
He doesn't want anything that feel greasy.

Sorry to hijack.

DangerMouse17 Sat 01-Apr-17 10:15:30

Heliocare is fantastic

LittleBoPeephole Sat 01-Apr-17 10:16:40

Paula's Choice is amazing, especially if you have oily skin

JDSTER Sat 01-Apr-17 10:28:32

Another vote for biore watery essence. Buy on eBay from a Japanese seller (it's made in Japan). I have oily skin and really like it. It absorbs instantly and I've had no problems with make up application afterwards. It's not waterproof or sweatproof so no good for holidays or if you're outside exercising.
shamoffour LRP Anthelios as mentioned above would be a good choice for your husband. LRP make excellent sunscreens and he should wear spf of 50 year round now. It is a water resistant option too so I'll be getting some for the summer.

JDSTER Sat 01-Apr-17 10:28:51

Another vote for biore watery essence. Buy on eBay from a Japanese seller (it's made in Japan). I have oily skin and really like it. It absorbs instantly and I've had no problems with make up application afterwards. It's not waterproof or sweatproof so no good for holidays or if you're outside exercising.
shamoffour LRP Anthelios as mentioned above would be a good choice for your husband. LRP make excellent sunscreens and he should wear spf of 50 year round now. It is a water resistant option too so I'll be getting some for the summer.

ShoutOutToMyEx Sat 01-Apr-17 10:43:08

I really get on with the body shop one - drops of light? Completely non greasy and 50+++. Can't even tell I've got it on.

Kennington Sat 01-Apr-17 10:44:51

Biore is a dodgy product as it isn't sweat proof - therefore the spf isn't going to last very long.
I think there is very good reason it isn't sold in Europe.
It is also full of alcohol.

shopafrolic Sat 01-Apr-17 10:48:20

Another vote for La Roche Posay Anthelios. Sits well over other products without rolling, not too greasy and doesn't make your face go white. Make up stays put on top of it too and it's SPF50.
Heliocare is also on my list to try.

CarrieWatermelon Sat 01-Apr-17 10:51:10

The Biore one is fantastic for me. Light, non-greasy, absorbs well.

I had the Roche Posay one before that and it was decent, but not as good as the Biore.

I use the Biore as an every day sunscreen, but if I were going to a hot country or out on a very sunny warm day in the UK, I'd still use a greasy 'sunblock' type product (as annoying as they are), as I think the protection is generally better.

XiCi Sat 01-Apr-17 11:04:05

From what I've read the Biore is an "indoor" sunscreen for people who commute to work, work in an office and commute home. So if you're going to be outdoors for long periods or going on holiday it's not suitable

London1975 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:57:49

Sunsense spf 50 is great. Non pore clogging and doesn't pill under make up. You can get it on amazon

nothingwittyhere Sat 01-Apr-17 12:58:58

Second the Body Shop one. Totally non-greasy on my combination skin.

mowglik Sat 01-Apr-17 13:13:56

Biore has a similar sunscreen to the watery essence one which is sweat proof - it's the UV face milk one. This has physical filters in it as well and leaves a slight white cast but makes a great base for makeup ime. Better for oily skin than dry skin though due to the alcohol content (which doesn't bother my skin much)

Bubble2bubble Sat 01-Apr-17 13:35:05

Avene or Nuxe are the ones I have found that feel closest to a face cream ( no whiteness & no shiny face )
Avene also has an oily skin version and a blemish prone skin version.

FreeNiki Sat 01-Apr-17 14:02:21

I have been using clinique city block spf 40 year round for about 10 years. My skin is in amazing condition.

FreeNiki Sat 01-Apr-17 14:02:55

City block also has a very mild tint and is perfect as a make up primer.

Dontsayyouloveme Sat 01-Apr-17 14:08:14

Wow some great suggestions here! Will have a look around! 'I've appreciated ladies!! grin

Dontsayyouloveme Sat 01-Apr-17 14:08:27

Much not I've! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now