Talk

Advanced search

Muffin top

(11 Posts)
u123 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:43:34

Does anyone have the problem of a permanent muffin top?
How do you get rid f it?
My trousers/skirts aren't too small as they regularly slip down and I can pull them out about 2-3 inches from my body and can easily tuck things into the waistband yet I still have a muffin top. Why?!

bonfireheart Sat 01-Apr-17 08:59:49

You sound just like me! I've managed to hide it in winter with cardigans and suit jackets but am worried now that it's summer!

ImSexyAndIKnowIt Sat 01-Apr-17 09:04:13

Spanx Higher Power are fab for eliminating a muffin top.

bonfireheart Sat 01-Apr-17 09:10:42

Eliminating or hiding?

WildCherryBlossom Sat 01-Apr-17 09:41:06

The trousers or skirts might just not be the right cut for your figure. A lot of jeans are cut these days with a low waist which can cut into the squidgy part of the hips. Try on other trousers, wear a belt to stop them sliding down (a lot of them are made of very stretchy fabric which doesn't hold its shape and slips down). It's very difficult.

Wear dresses? (For me this works in the summer but I'm not a huge fan of tights so I don't wear them much in winter.

imjessie Sat 01-Apr-17 11:02:08

Do you have 'violin ' hips ? I have and it crates a muffin top if I'm not careful . Clothes have to be carefully chosen . I'm looking into lipo at the mo because it's driving me insane and I can't lose it despite losing weight and hitting the gym hard ! 🙄🙄

Trustyourself2 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:39:41

I lost mine through the heartbreak diet, obvs not recommending this. Prior to this, I would have had wine several times a week, I don't anymore, and I'm wondering if that gave me a muffin top, considering all of the sugar in it. It's just a theory. I found that any control pants just pushed said muffin top further up the body - dreadful things.

jeaux90 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:52:24

Swimming. 30 mins 4 times a week. Works for me.

ImSexyAndIKnowIt Sat 01-Apr-17 11:56:11

Ha! Bad choice of words! Temporarily eliminating I should have said.

u123 Sat 01-Apr-17 19:08:18

Yes!!, I've never heard of violin hips before but googling that's what I have!

I'm actually slimish (my hips are around 33-34") and could do with losing some weight and jessie I think I'd probably need lips to get rid of it too

I do wear dresses but trousers are so practical in comparison.

imjessie Sat 01-Apr-17 20:29:49

I'm at the point of having it but I don't want a general so is tricky !.. and annoying !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now