Talk

Advanced search

Hush disappointment

(29 Posts)
babybarrister Fri 31-Mar-17 21:59:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JigglyTuff Fri 31-Mar-17 22:02:26

No. Hush is total rubbish now. Quality is poor and cut isn't great. Send them back!

mrsrhodgilbert Fri 31-Mar-17 22:47:11

I keep looking at it in John Lewis and wondering what all the fuss is about.

BakeOffBiscuits Fri 31-Mar-17 22:50:34

I like the look of the stuff but have sent everything back I've ever ordered. The quality is shocking imo.

miffy2 Fri 31-Mar-17 23:05:46

I have tons of stuff bought over the last 3/4 years. Some of the stuff is excellent quality and washes really well. I have some amazing knitted dresses, jeans, harems and sweatshirts that I wear on repeat.
However most of the knitwear is dire and looks like Primark quality after one wash. Either it bobbles or stretches beyond repair.
The current range of sweaters, tops and dresses are SO short in the body too. I am barely 5' 7" but the jumpers barely reach my waist. No good.

This season I have ordered and returned about 15 items, keeping one pair of Holly jeans. Very disappointed. I am awaiting a few more items and have my fingers crossed but not holding out too much hope either! Such a pity.

LeopardShoes Fri 31-Mar-17 23:08:50

Missing nothing.

I ordered the star jumper (was my first order ever) a few weeks ago. Quality awful, I'm a size 10, it ordered s size XS, it was flimsy awful shapeless

Will never go back again!

JaniceBattersby Fri 31-Mar-17 23:21:41

Yep, such a shame. The tshirts are better in Primark IMO. Thirty bloody quid for something that looks like a dishcloth after one wash. If they're going to charge premium prices for casual clothing they need to offer half decent quality.

The designs themselves are really nice and the styling is great. It's just that when the clothes arrive they don't match up to what you see online.

burnishedsilver Sat 01-Apr-17 00:15:26

I've been really happy with the few items I've ordered from hush......until they've been washed. They're scruffy after 1 wash and fit for the bin after 5 washes.

Brillenbar Sat 01-Apr-17 07:05:49

Entirely agree - but I do have a good pair of brushed cotton pjs from hush from about 4 years ago which are still going strong. But everything else I've ordered has been a joke and gone straight back

namechange20050 Sat 01-Apr-17 07:07:20

I bought a dress and the style &
Fit is lovely but the quality is woeful. Such a shame.

Bluntness100 Sat 01-Apr-17 07:16:53

I like it. I love the Tara dress and wear it loads, and I recently bought the short sleeved version which will be great for summer and holiday. The star jumper was actually much thicker than I thought it would be and it's great for slobbing around in. I also have one of their cropped knitted jackets and it's great. I think the quality is fine and in line with its price point, it is though a certain style and it's not for everyone.

babybarrister Sat 01-Apr-17 08:38:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BellonaBelladonna Sat 01-Apr-17 10:40:14

Yes agree. It looks so good in the brochure yet so shite in reality.

Imamouseduh Sat 01-Apr-17 10:44:51

I actually laughed as I looked through the catalogue that went out last week. The prices are insane now but the quality is terrible. £65 for a t-shirt dress! They have lost the plot. Everything is cut far too boxy now too which looks flattering on about 2% of the population.

London1975 Sat 01-Apr-17 13:04:28

Sadly have to agree. Bought loads last year incl leather onyx jacket and leather leggings (which are great) but very disappointed with latest offering. I think quality always suffers when a relatively small brand expands (John Lewis concessions etc). I returned the marble t shirt dress (shocking price for the quality), raglan t (too short and not great quality), Stella star jumper (went out of shape after one wear and horribly thin material that didn't last one wash), black lace cut out detail top (felt very stiff and cheap)

What a shame as I was a long time fan of the brand.

AFierceBadRabbit Sat 01-Apr-17 14:20:06

Have never understood the whole mumsnet obsession with Hush. I kinda loathe Boden but at least I can see why people would shop there.

Hush just seem to offer a load of overpriced shapeless crap that some really talented stylists manage to make look lovely online. I purchased some stuff a few yrs ago, never again.

MaryQuant Sat 01-Apr-17 15:21:40

Here too- sent everything back
Loved the Onyx jacket but quality wasn't brill went to Whistles in the end
Marks and Spencer have a Hushesque star jumper this season for £29.

bigkidsdidit Sat 01-Apr-17 15:23:56

I used to love it but I've given up now. It's a shame how poor it's got.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 01-Apr-17 17:24:54

I agree that some of it is dissapointing but some of the stuff is great. I have the hush tara short sleeved version with the v-neck and its really great for the price. I also think their boyfriend jeans are brilliant and have worn them loads as is their skinny cropped jeans. I have the star jumper and it is thin but it is really nice and the pale grey really suits me. I will wash with care as it is 100% bamboo. I did get it with 10% off. I think their t-shirt dresses are really over prices especially the marble one but then it has linen through i but its very thin. I have a few of their v-neck slub tees and they are great and look good even after repeated washes. You need to purchase selectively. In my experience anything with linen is a bit thin and see through. Some of the skirts are also wonderful. The denim pencil skirt is lovely. A gorgeous washed shade of blue and is soft and stretchy. The denim jacket is really unusual and excellent smile

PixieMiss Sat 01-Apr-17 20:00:25

And they pissed us all off on the Xmas threads last year wink

neveradullmoment99 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:14:38

ah yes, the friends of hush voucher fiasco. Well you cant blame hush. There were some people totally abusing it.

babyblackbird Sun 02-Apr-17 08:23:26

Have sent back 99% of what I have ordered BUT the pjs are fabulous

WicksEnd Sun 02-Apr-17 13:48:15

I love the Tara dresses, very flattering and great for chucking on for work. I have the winter in black and burgundy and the summer round neck in navy. Just ordered the summer v neck in khaki.
T shirts/ v neck jumpers are awful quality. Thin, mishapen & cheap looking. I don't rate the summer star jumpers but I like the winter versions.
I live in my harems but only for sloshing at the weekend.
I've got the wide legged cropped jumpsuit this season, ( can't remember what it's called) and it's lovely but too cold to wear it yet.

whirlygirly Sun 02-Apr-17 21:17:51

I do love hush but agree their quality isn't as reliably good as it used to be. I've still got one of those cardigowns from years ago and it's so snuggly. Even the following year the fabric mix wasn't as good.

TBH I'm struggling to find quality anywhere. White company prices have gone through the roof, I have enough mint velvet grey stuff to last a lifetime, white stuff is just per una these days and I don't actually know where to shop. On the upside, it's saving me a fortune. wink

CalonGoch Mon 03-Apr-17 09:52:25

I love my cardigown (why did they stop making those?) but if I"m really honest, I don't quite get the PJ love. They're gorgeous for the first few washes but then the fabric gets weirdly stiff and not so nice.

I've never ordered the clothes - the skirts all finish at a really unflattering length for my fat knees, and the tops are so boxy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now