Talk

Advanced search

Undercut revelation

(15 Posts)
bananafish81 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:02:30

I'm sure this is a trick everyone here will know about, and think, how did she not do this sooner

But, but, but. In case anyone doesn't - it's been a proper game changer

I have a lot of hair. A hell of a lot. I used to have to get tonnes of layers sliced into it to try and thin it out or else it would look like a hedge

And even then I'd have to attack it with the straighteners to stop it from going too bouffy

New hairdresser and he suggests something different to take the weight out of it. Instead of layers, why don't we take it out from underneath with an undercut

Omfg. Total genius. It's like magic. I have a vaguely normal amount of hair now!

I was able to have a blunt cut for the first time. It's impossible to tell I've got an undercut unless I wear it up (business on top, party underneath)

I blow dry it and it just sits so nicely I rarely if ever get out the straighteners

Ladies with too-thick hair - I cannot recommend the undercut enough!

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 31-Mar-17 18:10:14

Any chance of a pic? Down and up? I can't imagine how it works! I have ridiculously thick hair and I don't like my layers!

PhilODox Fri 31-Mar-17 18:12:02

Is it sort of a step cut then? Trying to imagine.

bananafish81 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:17:58

@DartmoorDoughnut this was when I first had it done. I've now got a much less severe undercut, it's clipped rather than shaved. But tbh you still couldn't see the thug look unless I wore it up....

WellieWanger Fri 31-Mar-17 18:20:56

I got an undercut last year. My hair is very long and naturally very curly and it was a huge revelation. Takes a while to grow out but was worth it. Yours looks good

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 31-Mar-17 18:24:50

That looks fab! Thanks banana

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 31-Mar-17 18:26:10

That looks awesome! I love undercuts.

BlaWearie Fri 31-Mar-17 19:36:07

I have something similar - not a proper undercut, but layers underneath so the top bit lies flat instead of bushing out.

stream26 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:45:31

Well done cut!

karalime Fri 31-Mar-17 19:51:03

I wanted this done but the hairdresser said my hairline at the back was too high and uneven so it would look weird sad

LardLizard Fri 31-Mar-17 19:53:39

Oh I envy those with thick hair

dailystuck71 Fri 31-Mar-17 20:30:55

I have short thin hair but tonnes of it. I had my hair undercut and it's been amazing! No more bulky bits over my ears.

thegoatwhogotthequiche Fri 31-Mar-17 22:25:33

For years I could only grow my hair to a certain length before it all got too much, then I got an undercut and can have it much longer. In summer it feels wonderfully cool when it is freshly buzzed, even when my hair is down.

Takes less time to wash and dry too, I wish that I had done it many years before I did!

bananafish81 Sat 01-Apr-17 14:07:02

It totally takes so much less time to wash and dry - it's a revelation

Currently my hair is longer than in the pic, and the undercut is clipped close rather than shaved

But it's just so much more manageable. Wish I'd known about this years ago!!

bananafish81 Sat 01-Apr-17 14:09:04

And thank you for lovely comments also! Can recommend to anyone with too much unruly hair (not sure about curly, but for straight hair it's a dream)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now