Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will these jeans make me look like a castaway?

(14 Posts)
Wellhellothere1 Fri 31-Mar-17 11:44:00

Ok, going on holiday on Sunday to L.A and I decided to ditch the skinny jeans, move with the times and go with looser, more relaxed jeans. I bought these white jeans to wear on holiday http://www.next.co.uk/g75144s2#977682
and liked then till I showed them to DH. He suggested they look a bit like 'castaway' chic with the frayed bottoms blush
I suspect he's right now I think about it! What do the stylish folk here think? Keep or return? They are actually much wider than they look in the photo.

BusterGonad Fri 31-Mar-17 14:28:23

I'm really sorry but they are not very nice! Even styled on the model like look horrible!

goodpiemissedthechips Fri 31-Mar-17 14:30:11

I'm not stylish in the slightest but I don't think they are at all flattering on the model. I generally think that if it makes the model look frumpy, the rest of us have no chance. Sorry sad

Venchi Fri 31-Mar-17 14:31:05

I wouldn't myself. I like ankle grazers but only if they're tapered. I'd look about 4'10" in those. Actually if you are 6'1" and want to look half a foot shorter go for it!

wizzywig Fri 31-Mar-17 14:31:27

Right colour though for la.

lalaloopyhead Fri 31-Mar-17 14:34:03

Oh dear, no. As said above if they don't look good on the model, ordinary folk stand no chance of looking good in them.

I could well be getting old, but I really don't get this ragged round the bottom look at all!

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 31-Mar-17 14:35:57

Oh no! Please don't!
I do like a bit of white jeans but the shape is horrible.
Loose white linen or tight white jeans.

iklboo Fri 31-Mar-17 14:36:51

They look like the hem's come down.

Secretariat Fri 31-Mar-17 14:40:43

They make the models ankles look fat, they are just totally the wrong length. Send them back or cut about 3 ft off the legs and you will be good to go

plimsolls Fri 31-Mar-17 14:44:05

I like them!

It kind of depends on your style and your overall look. It's very on trend to have ragged hems, and cropped wide leg/kick flare jeans are very on trend too.

I agree it's not a hugely flattering look but I think it depends on your goal. Lots of "fashionable" stuff doesn't necessarily make a person look tall/thin/long legged/whatever but that's ok.

Bootcut jeans worn over a smallish heel- very flattering but totally unfashionable nowadays. Wide leg cropped jeans with flats - very fashionable but not that flattering. Just depends on what you like.

Personally, is keep them (as long as they are cropped enough. I'd say you'd need at least an inch above your ankle on display. I think they're quite LA friendly smile

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 31-Mar-17 14:47:01

I'm more drawn to the top-small sandals. Tut.

Nettletheelf Fri 31-Mar-17 14:55:04

You'll need a bandana, some tattoos and a pistol for the full Israel Hands look.

Wellhellothere1 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:01:54

He he. Looks pretty unanimous except for plimsolls I think I may be letting fashion get in the way of being flattering. I like them too but I feel I may look back at photos of me in them in years to come and think WTF was I thinking? smile

Wellhellothere1 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:05:15

Look! They were even in the Sunday Times style supplement this weekend www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/style/update-ageless-style-sbvnm2crl
I'm returning them tomorrow sadly....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now