Talk

Advanced search

Large zipped beach/tote bag

(8 Posts)
Chickydoo Fri 31-Mar-17 10:09:03

Am going away in a few weeks.
Am on the hunt for a good roomy bag with a zip (for security) that I can take on a plane with my laptop & work stuff in, but still use as a beach bag when I get there, as will have a couple of days to chill.
Needs to have a shoulder strap and preferably carry handles too.
Something Chic would be good, maybe silver or neutral (not gold)
Budget up to £100.
If anyone has seen anything would be grateful for suggestions.
I have to go to work now, so will respond this afternoon
TIA

AuntPol Fri 31-Mar-17 12:00:22

How about a large le pliage?

Chickydoo Fri 31-Mar-17 16:22:56

Thanks auntpol
Did think about that. I do have 2 already, could do with an upgrade though.

Katelocks Fri 31-Mar-17 18:33:18

I second the Le Pliage. Very versatile bag.

lovemyboo Fri 31-Mar-17 20:05:06

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Outlet/SIENNAR-Tribal-Stripe-large-tote-bag-Lilac/p/125783-69-LILAC?plpSlots=1

Check out this from Ted Baker, I bought it last year for summer hols- it was perfect for the beach n by the pool. I use it for swimming now - will take three towels plus other swimming bits!

I'll use it for spa weekends etc too.

MinnieMinchkin Fri 31-Mar-17 21:34:03

Wouldn't you be better to have a lightweight beach bag and leave the sturdy, laptop / cabin bag somewhere sand-free? Get a decent laptop bag, and a nylon shopping tote for the beach. Otherwise you will ALWAYS have sand, which is not ideal in expensive electronic devices. Trust me on this, I live by a beach.

Chickydoo Fri 31-Mar-17 23:54:22

Lovemyboo that Ted Baker bag is perfect!

Chickydoo Fri 31-Mar-17 23:56:05

Minnie you are probably right. Might be better with something separate for beach.
However the red Baker bag does look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now