Talk

Advanced search

Box hair dye

(5 Posts)
nonameinspiration Fri 31-Mar-17 09:31:36

I had my hair coloured dark brown in a salon. It was growing out highlighted. It's faded out over the blonde as predicted. If I put box dye over the top is this a good ideas? If yes which box dyes are best?

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Fri 31-Mar-17 10:23:47

You can use a box dye. Garnier nutriesse are quite good colours.

nonameinspiration Fri 31-Mar-17 13:12:33

Thanks

10Betty10 Fri 31-Mar-17 16:34:03

I get on really well with the Garnier Olia box dye- I find they look a bit glossier/hairdresser-esque than the other home dyes I've tried (I have used loaaaaads!)

stream26 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:59:51

I would personally stay away from "drug store" hair colour mainly because you had professional colour last time. Doesn't always mesh well. If you have a Sally's near you would be your best bet. Still about the same price (buying the dye AND peroxide) as the drug store. Maybe about $5 more. I'd suggest the brand Wella. I've used quite a few brands from Sally's and found that Wella works the best for me and my hair. Also, some of the employees can be pretty helpful given they know what they're talking about. If you're trying to darken highlights, you'd be safe with a medium/light dark brown like newaylook.com/best-medium-brown-hair/ . I'd apply it to the highlights and rest of your head about 10 minutes before your roots however, depending how different your roots are from the dye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now