Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long tops for summer

(11 Posts)
yousignup Fri 31-Mar-17 06:44:21

Style ladies, please help.
I live in a hot country, very hot in summer. I am 5.11 and this country is populated by little ladies, so tops that cover my stomach (no button ups etc) are hard to come by. My arms and legs are thinnish, but a medical condition makes me look 9 months pg. I have cut off trousers and capri pants, but really need some long, bum skimming tunic type tops without belts etc. The only stuff I find here is in outsize ladies' shops, in "cheerful bold" prints which are horribly ageing. I don't mind some patterns, but nothing animal printy. Spaghetti straps are not acceptable really, so a nice shortish sleeve is good. Floaty? Kind of tailored? I don't know, I'm just very down about looking like this another summer.
I have googled, but can't find anything I like.
Can anyone please recommend a decent website? Thank you!

RedSandYellowSand Fri 31-Mar-17 07:03:13

Uniqulo
Long sleeves aren't the end of the world, and reduce suncream needs!!!

usefultoken Fri 31-Mar-17 07:19:43

I wear that kind of thing in the summer, have had some lovely ones from eBay that have come from China (search for long sleeve tunic, or linen dress), and also sites like www.sammydress.com and www.newchic.com. They have international shipping as standard, the downside is it is expensive to return them.

usefultoken Fri 31-Mar-17 08:52:23

Not sure if these would be to your taste, but there is a lot of choice anyway!

www.sammydress.com/product3346994.html

www.sammydress.com/product3317547.html

www.sammydress.com/product3254572.html

www.sammydress.com/product3011930.html

www.sammydress.com/product3290282.html

LuxeLush Fri 31-Mar-17 09:14:32

Love the Uniqlo stuff.

Totally different style but Joules do some nice tunic tops although they tend to be quite floral so may not suit. They deliver to some overseas countries but may not reach you.

I hope this does not offend, but with your medical condition have you thought about maternity tops, perhaps in an empire line style? I'm not averse to a maternity top myself despite never having a baby! ASOS Maternity or Seraphine for example?

Or could you have clothing tailor-made locally? I had some lovely dresses made when I was in Vietnam years ago, very reasonably priced. I just told them what I wanted and they made the garments to my specification and measurements.

LuxeLush Fri 31-Mar-17 09:40:05

Seasalt do some nice tunic tops like these two, some of them look fairly long too.

Or ASOS Tall range perhaps?

jelliedeel Fri 31-Mar-17 21:43:27

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0444261013.html#Dark blue I bought one of these recently and it's fitted on the shoulders,skimming over the stomach and long (nearly mid-thigh on me at 5'2"). It's made of a crepey viscose so completely man-made fibretastic but floats nicely.

jelliedeel Fri 31-Mar-17 21:46:08

On the website there are about ten different colours/prints.....In various placesconfused

NewPantsforaNewYear Sat 01-Apr-17 01:58:18

www.kitandkaboodal.co.uk

Bubbinsmakesthree Sat 01-Apr-17 08:04:32

Ooh I have been on the hunt for similar! I'm having a c-section soon and expecting to be living in high-waisted leggings for a while. I'm tall and most of my tops aren't really long enough to wear with leggings, but equally I need tops I can pull up for BFing so can't be too long (or else need button down fronts).

I've just ordered a few things from that uniqlo link which will hopefully be what I need!

Other than that I've been hunting for shirt dresses I can wear over leggings.

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 01-Apr-17 09:28:22

Jelliedeel - like the look of that top, don't suppose you could measure the length could you? I gave a freakishly long torso and need tips to be at least 70cm long (& shops rarely seem to give this measurement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now