Talk

Advanced search

What to try from the Ordinary? (Spot-prone skin)

(13 Posts)
Laquila Thu 30-Mar-17 19:38:28

I have sensitive-ish (not as bad as it used to be) and fairly spot-prone 34-yr old skin with quite enlarged pores. Having said all that, it's quite glowy so it's not all bad!

I have most success with a combo of LRP Toleriane cleanser and Effaclar Duo. Sometimes I use Neal's Yard Rose Facial oil at night. Recently I've started to feel greasy during the day (LRP seemed to sort this out for a while) and sort of like my usual products just aren't cutting it.

N.B. I've tried both Pixi Glow Tonic and Nip+Fab pads before - the former gave me strange bumps and the latter didn't do me any favours - seemed to break me out a bit, similar to the Pixi.

Any suggestions as to what I should try from The Ordinary?

CrowRoad Thu 30-Mar-17 19:42:25

Watching with interest.

By "strange bumps" do you mean like skin-coloured spots, just raised bumps? I have this reaction to a number of products and I'm not quite sure what it is exactly. It seems as if the reaction is quite deep under the skin.

Laquila Thu 30-Mar-17 19:47:03

Yes, I guess so CrowRoad. It was almost as if it made my skin feel worse than in looked, in that they were emote obvious to the touch rather than to the eye. I would be SO grateful to just have the kind of skin that you can wash with water and slap any old moisturiser on!!

Laquila Thu 30-Mar-17 19:47:39

emote = more (how often do I type emote??!)

jumpinghoops Thu 30-Mar-17 19:56:54

Well I have sensitive, spot prone, dehydrated 37 year old skin and I can tell you what I've been doing: Buffet + Hylauronic Acid in the morning, Buffet + Matrixyl + Retanoid in the evening. Will be repurchasing the Buffet, everything just seems to sink in better with it. Probably all the others too apart from Retanoid, which I just don't like. I'm not blown away but I think my skin is overall looking better.

CrowRoad Thu 30-Mar-17 21:52:23

Me too! Oh to just wash and go... and for foundation to just glide on and not cause a burning rash or volcanic eruptions the next day.

AnUnhappyStudent Thu 30-Mar-17 22:40:06

Try the azelic (??) Acid it is really great for spot prone skin and leaves mine feeling so smooth

AnUnhappyStudent Fri 31-Mar-17 08:00:33

Actually its Azelaic acid. I had to add this update because I have been using it only a few days and its really made a difference, today for the first time in ages I feel able to go without foundation and my skin looks bright and fresh. I think it was £5.50

Laquila Fri 31-Mar-17 20:07:42

Ooh thanks all. Apparently Victoria Health are good with advice on which product to try, so I might email them.

Student I love it when someone gets evangelical about a product!!

AnUnhappyStudent Fri 31-Mar-17 23:10:00

Haha Laquila I know! Have just done my night time routine and it is honestly sooo good Im thinking of stockpiling the stuff.grin

AnUnhappyStudent Fri 31-Mar-17 23:11:48

Oh and yes email Victoria Health, thats what I did and they came back with a regime of 5 products costing under £30.

JDSTER Fri 31-Mar-17 23:11:52

Niacinamide with zinc is marketed for blemishes and pores and I suspect VH will recommend it in a regime. They are indeed very helpful

mydietstartsmonday Fri 31-Mar-17 23:18:25

For quick cleanse Waitrose 3 in 1 wipes. £1.89 a pack. Amazing and never upset my skin. Using Clinique mosturiser but it is touch and go. I can use Avon and boots no. 7 without too much breakout. Anything expensive causes those bumps under the skin.. I might look at VH for a good mosturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now