Talk

Advanced search

If you look like a carrot

(45 Posts)
EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:25:42

...in skinnies and are large of backside/thighs etc what can you wear apart from skirts? That's it really. I dread this time of year in a way. I have to move out of opaques and boots/shoes and just feel "a bit of a tip" for 5 months or so.

Anyone? I need help

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Thu 30-Mar-17 16:31:29

Damn I thought this was a fake tan thread, was going to say you'd been tangoed wink

If you have a larger bum have you considered bootcut jeans? The way they flare out at the ankles tends to be a good balance. Also floaty long tops are your friend!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:32:48

Unless your best mate /dh/dp accompanies you wearing a rabbit outfit I wouldn't be too worried. .

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 30-Mar-17 16:34:07

Another person here who was ready to suggest you stop drinking the fake tan.

You need flares!! Bring back flares! I love flares!! Gap did some lovely cord ones when I was young and slim.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 30-Mar-17 16:36:47

I wear opaquaqes (dear god, I can't spell that), all year round, or fishnets, I have to because I have hideous legs and like to wear dresses.
No one ran away or said anything yet.

EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:37:33

Okaay...but seriously folks!

Last year I lived in wide leg linen warty trousers but when I saw holiday snaps...Jesus, I looked like a ship in full sail 😡

shirleycartersaidso Thu 30-Mar-17 16:37:58

Chinos. They need to have a turn up which somehow prevents me from looking like a carrot.

EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:38:16

Fuck me! Warts and all! Wafty. WAFTY!

EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:38:56

Anyone got the Boden 7/8s?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 30-Mar-17 16:39:08

Looked like a ship?

The warts on your warty trousers probably looked like barnicles.

What about A-line skirts?

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 30-Mar-17 16:39:36

Don't know about the OP, but I couldn't wear flares/bootcuts, they'd look like comedy trousers on me, I'm far too short and slim, just a weird shape with saggy/bruised legs.

IDoNotHaveTheFoggiest Thu 30-Mar-17 16:40:07

Try the culotte style which is very in . Can be cropped and worn with trainers or heels

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 30-Mar-17 16:40:44

Do not wear warty trousers, warts flatter no one grin

Dozer Thu 30-Mar-17 16:44:16

"Boyfriend" jeans, sometimes rolled up.

Skirts and dresses!

Leggings and longer tops.

Dozer Thu 30-Mar-17 16:45:02

I liked flares and bootcuts but was self conscious because skinnies are so ubiquitous.

EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:45:29

They ARE statement warts, to be fair!

EleanorRigbysNeice Thu 30-Mar-17 16:45:59

Boyfriend jeans, you say? Will look

minipie Thu 30-Mar-17 17:03:18

I've got legs like this OP. Large bum and thighs. Carrot shaped in skinnies. Boot cut look too dated, far too much flappy material round the ankles.

What looks best is 1) trousers that are the same width all the way down, so they are wide enough for the thigh and then carry on the same down to the ankle. No kick out. Mostly found in tailored wool rather than anything more summery unfortunately. 2) Slim cut or straight cut jeans. Boden Trafalgar are ok on me as are White Company Marylebone. Both a bit wider round the ankle than skinnies but not nearly as flappy as boot cut.

Good luck

minipie Thu 30-Mar-17 17:04:21

PS Esprit are quite good for trousers for our shape. And white stuff occasionally.

minipie Thu 30-Mar-17 17:05:46

Oh and I've also just bought a maxi skirt which i think will be very useful

slinkysaluki Thu 30-Mar-17 21:51:22

I wear straight legged or boyfriend jeans and harem/tapered trousers. Yup can't wear skinny jeans i look dreadful.

slinkysaluki Thu 30-Mar-17 21:52:06

Oh and chinos are good, i like Next ones as i need longer length.

Timeforabiscuit Thu 30-Mar-17 21:57:42

I feel comfortable in straight legs jeans, feel stupid in skinnies but get complements in them - and i describe my legs as parsnip rather than carrot. grin

I spent my 20's in bootcut and fear i can never go back now!

legolammb Thu 30-Mar-17 21:59:27

Placemarking. Also suffering from angst at the prospect of having to put away my black tights. And also expressing surprise at the suggestions of flares and bootcuts. Fine if you're 5 foot 10 but otherwise make you look huge and a bit weird due to going in and then out again

poppym12 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:27:58

Boyfriend jeans. Occasionally slim or straight leg jeans. I'm currently searching for an alternative to jeans for this interim period before the summer go to will be a-line above knee skirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now