Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early in the year for bare legs?

(14 Posts)
zippyswife Thu 30-Mar-17 14:54:18

I'm out in London on Saturday evening and struggling for an outfit. I want to keep it low key but no trainers. Was thinking of a relaxed dress with bare legs and Birkenstocks or pistol boots and denim/leather jacket. Does this all sound wrong and while my legs are my only decent asset is it a bit too like winter still to baring them?

Bythepowerof Thu 30-Mar-17 17:21:10

I think the weather is too changeable still. You'll look like a typical Brit who under dresses the minute the temperature goes into double figure.

Having said that I have seen pretty much every style of outfit today ( down south) from a vest top to black woolly tights and those shawl scarves. You won't be alone in " getting it wrong" that's for sure.

margaritasbythesea Thu 30-Mar-17 20:12:41

It is where I am in Spain, but then a breeze is looked on as tantamount to a hurricane here.

DrAbbyYates Thu 30-Mar-17 20:17:35

Definitely too early for Birkenstocks but bare legs and Pistols would be grand.

phoolani Thu 30-Mar-17 20:19:39

I'm with drAbby. But then I think tights, especially opaques, just look wrong if the sun's shining, whatever the actual temperature.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 30-Mar-17 21:18:20

But then I think tights, especially opaques, just look wrong if the sun's shining, whatever the actual temperature.
What about Autumn?
I think you could wear nudes if you were wearing ankle boots. Marks do some great natural looking tights that look completely bare like you have no tights on they are sooo sheer. I have fooled many!!!! Its just a little tricky to get the right colour so best to go in and have a look. No need to freeze.

BigGreenOlives Thu 30-Mar-17 21:27:10

I wore bare legs & pistols for lunch on Tuesday (somewhere smart). I've been bare leg quite a few times through the winter but never with a hemline more than 2" above the knee. It depends how long you'll be outside, Ubers & Add Lee have changed my going out:

zippyswife Thu 30-Mar-17 21:31:01

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a cab there and back so not much hanging about in the cold. I'm going to brave the bare legs and pistols!

phoolani Thu 30-Mar-17 21:33:04

Neveradullmoment - I know it's not an especially practical thing I have, I just associate opaques with dull weather 😬. I wear trousers a lot ...

Pistachiois50pmore Thu 30-Mar-17 21:36:28

I would, but it's not so late in the year that you have to. London is 18C right now (9.30pm, Friday) and my north London street literally smells like an evening in the south of france, that hot tarmac/grass smell. But if it chucks it down with rain between now and Saturday all bets are off. I've been fudging it in cropped trousers all week.

Nettletheelf Thu 30-Mar-17 23:19:39

Get the legs out. There are few enough opportunities!

EnidButton Fri 31-Mar-17 00:28:02

<clings to opaques>

hellokittymania Fri 31-Mar-17 00:44:37

I went out in a woolly dress long sleeve shirt underneath and winter jacket and got overheated in the shop. I ended up putting on Shorty pajamas the minute I got home. It was boiling in those clothes

mewkins Fri 31-Mar-17 07:25:35

Bare legs and ankle boots. I cracked open the sandals yesterday and it felt great but it was 20c. The temperature is set to dip a bit and your feet will get cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now