Talk

Advanced search

I've dyed over bleached hair this morning but its not going dark enough

(14 Posts)
Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 13:02:08

I put a reddish brown semi on to correct any green tinges and then chocolate brown, also a semi.
If I put a permanent on now do you think it would go darker easier? Atm its sort of a darkish copper/auburn (actually quite nice but not what I want).

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 13:52:33

Just realised I'll need to use a permanent because this colour will wash out.
<talks to herself>

TheNoodlesIncident Thu 30-Mar-17 14:10:32

Not the point I know, but are you putting these dyes in by yourself? I've never had the bottle to Go It Alone.

Nevertheless, I do think it should go darker with all that. What colour are you looking for?

BusterGonad Thu 30-Mar-17 14:28:47

My hair has been stripped (is that the same?) and now it doesn't take too well to hair dyes. They wash out really quickly in certain areas, mainly the sides. I use permanent dye and I do it myself. It's very strange as some hair is really really dark, some browny red and the roots are quite light brown! confused My natural colour is medium to dark brown and the dye I use is called medium brown.

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 14:47:52

Yes I've never had my hair dyed at a hairdressers and have been dyeing it for over 30 years shock.
I know what you mean Buster, because I have my hair very short the sides aren't as damaged by the bleach so take better. The top usually has blonde bits still in it.
Im waiting for a bit of growth to cut the bleachy bits out. I wrecked it last time I bleached it blush

hazeyjane Thu 30-Mar-17 14:53:28

Whatever you put on bleached hair is going to fade pretty quickly - my hair was peroxide blonde and I decided to stop dying it and let my grey grow through, but thought I would initially dye it the brunette it used to be......20 boxes of dye and various shades of copper, red, browny orangeyness later......finally all the bleached bits were cut out (my hair is uber short though).

Now I am gorgeously grey (and fighting the constant urges to bleach my hair again!)

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 15:00:51

I was grey then got bored and bleached it, mine is very, very short too.
I'm thinking I could have a wee trim before sticking the dye on later.
Good thing about short hair is disasters never last long grin

BusterGonad Thu 30-Mar-17 16:53:15

The ends of my hair are disgusting, matted, dry and hideous! I will get it cut soon but I'm just waiting until I'm back in the uk so I can go somewhere decent. My hair is what I'd class as all the shades from auburn, to darkest brown with patches of grey mixed in for fun! grin

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 18:07:06

I cut my own hair so snip at it a lot.
DH came home and said oh you look like the person from The Following, Im hoping he meant Valorie Curry and not Kevin Bacon hmm

BusterGonad Thu 30-Mar-17 19:06:53

Ha ha! 😂

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 19:33:08

It hasn't gone well blush I'm now sitting with a head of bleach on hmm
I really need to let it go grey again <sighs>

BusterGonad Thu 30-Mar-17 20:25:33

What colour is it becoming? I'm nervous for you!

Cocolepew Thu 30-Mar-17 21:01:41

Well the red didn't counteract the green.
Streaked some bleach through it. It looked shit and a million different colours so stuck a load on and my roots stayed bright orange 🍊.
Poor DH came in from work and went straight back out to get me more.
I have also burnt my forehead 😷.
I've said it before but never again!
sadgrin

BusterGonad Thu 30-Mar-17 22:24:16

Oops....I've only ever bleached/stripped my hair twice and I won't do it again. Purely because it completely ruins my hair. The knots are unrelenting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now