Talk

Advanced search

Would you/do you ever wear trainers on a night out? What with?

(26 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 29-Mar-17 22:34:11

Err, just that really. Oh, and what bag can you put with it all?

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 29-Mar-17 22:35:53

Never.

Is your night out a rave?!

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 29-Mar-17 22:44:57

Yes, with a midi dress in summer. But I'm not going to fancy places, out dancing etc, so possibly not what is classed as a "night out".

HubbleBubbles Wed 29-Mar-17 22:45:36

Hmm no- in my 20s maybe but not now , sadly .

tabulahrasa Wed 29-Mar-17 22:45:47

"Is your night out a rave?!"

I wouldn't even then...

Whatatododo Wed 29-Mar-17 22:47:32

I did once and was refused entry.

hollieberrie Wed 29-Mar-17 23:07:00

Yes I wear my white converse with everything. grin

donajimena Wed 29-Mar-17 23:08:47

I go to northern soul nights. I often wear trainers.

NerrSnerr Wed 29-Mar-17 23:13:42

Night out where? I'd wear trainers to the pub, gig or rock club. Anywhere there's likely to be a dress code I wouldn't.

Kennington Wed 29-Mar-17 23:16:26

Yes if in shoreditch or Camden.
Some places I would look really naff if I turned up in heals

JoyceDivision Wed 29-Mar-17 23:22:32

yus, but i am a bit casual scruffbag rose gold coverse for my ights out!

KoalaDownUnder Thu 30-Mar-17 07:04:08

No, but I don't wear them on days out either (except to the gym).

hotwater Thu 30-Mar-17 07:35:45

Converse with jeans to the pub on Sundays. Otherwise,no

NowtAbout Thu 30-Mar-17 07:37:49

Almost always, especially if it's a dancing night. Can't dance in heels for longer than about half an hour!

blueskyinmarch Thu 30-Mar-17 07:46:35

My DD does, but she is a 19yo student. She has loads of trainers and she wears her ‘good’ black ones to go clubbing. She has big black leather purse thing she takes with her to hold her phone, money, ID and keys. She always looks stylish and fab. I say channel your inner student and go for it! Your feet will thank you.

ThreeDovesAndSomePinkChampagne Thu 30-Mar-17 07:52:46

Cross body bag.

knackeredinyorkshire Thu 30-Mar-17 07:56:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HubbleBubbles Thu 30-Mar-17 07:58:27

This might be geographical actually as I can see you would wear them for a night out in Camden, or poss Manchester's Northern Quarter.... but round where I live people wouldn't wags I don't wear heels though, just ankle boots or flats.

BaronessBomburst Thu 30-Mar-17 08:04:09

I don't even wear trainers for trainer-y things, let alone a night out.

Iamastonished Thu 30-Mar-17 08:06:00

What kind of night out? If you are worried about a stylish bag I would think it isn't really a trainer night.

I would wear trainers to see a band at the pub, doing a pub crawl round Sheffield or going to see a comedian, but if it was a more dressy occasion then no I wouldn't.

I tend to wear Chelsea boots and ballet pumps rather than trainers these days anyway, unless I am going to the gym.

keeponkeepinon Thu 30-Mar-17 21:09:34

A pub night, nothing particularly fancy. I want to channel my inner student as was said up thread! And have supremely comfy feet!
Whatever top I put them with just looks wrong. Maybe I need posher trainers! I just don't do heels these days...

Littlepond Fri 31-Mar-17 06:10:59

I wouldn't get dressed up for a drink in the pub so I'd always be in trainers. Usually with jeans, or a denim skirt, a t shirt type top and a hoodie. I might wear converse for a "night out" with a more casual type dress. "Out out" sees me in boots, flat. I don't do heels either! I love how they look but they just hurt my feet! And I do like to dance...

Stillwishihadabs Fri 31-Mar-17 06:43:20

Er yes. I am now trying really hard to think of a single night out ever where I havent worn trainers or converse.

mewkins Fri 31-Mar-17 07:22:34

Yes maybe to a pub. What bottoms are you wearing them with? I would wear with a dress or skirt. Then a smartish tshirt top or camisole.

bananafish81 Fri 31-Mar-17 09:15:13

Yes all the time

If the Groucho Club and Soho House are full of women and men alike in trainers, unless I'm going to the Ritz, and especially if I'm going to a Shoreditch bar or pub, I'm definitely wearing my trainers

You'd look more out of place in a dress and heels in most of the London private members clubs than in trainers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now