Talk

Advanced search

Expensive purchase from Ebay-yes or no?

(5 Posts)
Maugrim Wed 29-Mar-17 20:30:23

So a few years ago I fell in love with a ring in Astley Clarke that was well out of my budget. It was stunning and I often thought about it.

Anyway someone is selling the ring on eBay at a fraction of the original price but still very expensive (£400). They have only just opened and EBay account and have not ratings.

I contacted them about that and they said it is because they haven't used eBay before but will look out the original receipt and send me a photograph of it.

I am a bit anxious as I don't want to be conned, but if it is legit then this would be something I would get as a birthday/v.early Christmas gift!

Anyone have experience of eBay, does this sound okay? Anyone know if you'd get money back etc......

AteRiri Wed 29-Mar-17 20:33:14

eBay has a money back protection. Also pay through Paypal so you get extra protection.

Msqueen33 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:37:25

I brought a phone via email for £280 and it meant to be in amazing condition. The speakers on it were awful and all crackly. The seller wasn't happy but eBay generally side with the buyer and I sent it back and got a full refund. Plus it was all done via PayPal don't ever send as family and friends do it as goods so you're protected.

Maugrim Wed 29-Mar-17 20:41:48

Thank you, I would also be using PayPal and this would be via visa also so I understand that has some protection too. I'm just a bit worried if it's a con then they might shut their account as soon as I pay.

AteRiri Wed 29-Mar-17 21:01:43

Even if they shut down their account, I think eBay will still give you your money back if it turns out to be a con. You could check with customer service too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now