Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

dyson hair dryer is it worth the money?

(49 Posts)
historygeek12 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:16:39

Dh wants to buy me a dyson hairdryer for my birthday smile but i'm not sure if i can justify the price !! has anyone got one and are they worth the price ?

Drunkvet Wed 29-Mar-17 20:17:25

Yes yes yes.

historygeek12 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:21:20

Drunkvet is it good for getting your hair straight?

Notsosmartagain Wed 29-Mar-17 20:24:51

What she said!

historygeek12 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:30:14

thank you, sod it im going let him treat me smile!

Heirhelp Wed 29-Mar-17 20:31:13

Yes it is amazing.

TeaAndBisquits Wed 29-Mar-17 20:58:21

I love mine too!

CabernetSauvignyoni Wed 29-Mar-17 21:14:23

Another yes! They're fabulous grin

Cuppatea14 Wed 29-Mar-17 21:19:59

Also curious about these - What makes them so good? Does your hair look smoother? I have an absolute mop which takes forever with my ghd drier.

WeeM Wed 29-Mar-17 21:22:48

Wow I'm curious by that response too...are they that good?! I can think of many things I'd rather spend that amount of money on but if they are really that amazing then maybe I'd think about it!

doggydogdog Wed 29-Mar-17 21:25:44

What's actually good about them though? How can something be better at blowing air than another thing blowing air? I don't understand but then I don't really do my hair!

Drunkvet Wed 29-Mar-17 21:29:34

Yes. I have mad Irish hair that isn't straight or curly and seems to grow outwards. The hairdryer tames the madness of the crazy barnet to the point that I can just quickly run the straighteners over it.

AppleMagic Wed 29-Mar-17 21:32:02

For me it's that it makes my hair look really good really fast and with minimal effort. I could get the same effect with a cheaper hairdryer and a babyliss big hair but it takes a lot longer.

HLBug Wed 29-Mar-17 21:47:56

Yes - absolutely and completely yes. Buy at boots on a triple points event and get lots of lovely boots points too!

Notsosmartagain Wed 29-Mar-17 21:51:47

I hardly ever straighten mine now. I just blast it with the dyson and it dries straight but with a bit of bounce. Amazing!

It is also so much faster that my last one. My hair is past my bra strap and it is dry in five minutes max.

I love it, in case that wasn't clear from my posts!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Wed 29-Mar-17 21:56:05

www.boots.com/dyson-supersonic-hairdryer-fuchsia-10217723

Is it this one? It sounds amazing but I'm a bit shocked at the price!

WeeM Wed 29-Mar-17 22:37:06

Maybe I'll get one with my boots points, I have 624 just now...I'll come back to this thread in 20 years and let you know if i think it's worth getting...confused

DandelionAndBedrock Wed 29-Mar-17 22:40:08

My hairdresser always uses me for trainees to practise blow drying because she says my hair is easy to do, but it takes me an hour or so to dry normally if I am using a hairdryer and want it to be vaguely sensible looking.

Stayed at a hotel with a dyson hairdryer and I nearly ordered one on the spot. 5 minutes with my head upside down, quick brush through and finish and my hair was bouncy and glossy and fab AND it lasted overnight. If I had drying my hair as part of my routine I would buy one, and if someone offered it as a gift I would snap it up.

zozozoo Wed 29-Mar-17 22:40:14

According to my last hairdresser it's nice and light compared to her other dryers but she wouldn't bother with one at home

paddypants13 Thu 30-Mar-17 08:35:00

My hairdresser had one and she thinks it's well worth the money.

Iamastonished Thu 30-Mar-17 08:42:54

What does it do that others don't?

I have short hair BTW and it only takes about 5 minutes to dry.

AutumnEve Thu 30-Mar-17 11:14:57

Any pictures of proof that it makes as much difference with/without Dyson?

ajandjjmum Thu 30-Mar-17 11:23:44

I love mine - fast and hair seems smoother.

Eminybob Thu 30-Mar-17 11:32:53

My friend has one. She has short hair by its very thick and dries curly. It takes her ages to dry and straighten every day. She says that he stain is amazing, her hair is done I half the time and doesn't need straightening.

I used it when I stayed at hers a few weeks ago and my hair dried in about 30 seconds, but I hardly have any!

Not worth it for me, but if you have high maintenance hair that takes forever I can see why it would be useful.

Bantanddec Thu 30-Mar-17 12:00:13

Sorry to go against the grain of the responses, but I don't think it's worth the money, I was expecting amazing results but do you know what it did?
It dried my hair.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: