We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this Curly Girl methods friendly?

(14 Posts)
AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 29-Mar-17 19:22:40

I can't see anything that makes it not but can't see it on the list of approved. It smells amazing so I'm hoping it is!

www.superdrug.com/Palmer's/Palmer's-Cocoa-Butter-Moisture-Rich-Shampoo-400ml/p/422403

justkeeponsmiling Wed 29-Mar-17 19:25:46

Just ha a quick google of Olefin Sulfonate and it comes up as comparable to SLS. So probably not, sorry OP

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 29-Mar-17 19:28:33

Rats. Well spotted. Thank you!

justkeeponsmiling Wed 29-Mar-17 19:38:45

No worries. Fwiw, I tried the curly girl method and it didn't suit my hair at all. I also felt really dirty as I didn't use any shampoo at all. Ugh!
I now use L'Oreal Hair expertise super riche shampoo and conditioner (pricey but soooo worht it!), followed by boots own curl creme, followed by Umberto Gianny curl jelly and my curls have never been better! GL - it's a pain trying to work out what works for your hair.

timshortfforthalia Wed 29-Mar-17 21:02:27

Gah, use it anyway 😘

I used to follow cg to the law, but am much more relaxed now.

I find he styling techniques and experimentation the most useful part of cg. Life is too short to read ingredients lists on shampoo

timshortfforthalia Wed 29-Mar-17 21:03:51

As an aside, what works best for me nowdays is any shampoo (including sulphites) on scalp, then cowash rest of hair.

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 29-Mar-17 23:28:02

Fantastic! Thanks everyone - really pleased I can use it!

MargotMoon Thu 30-Mar-17 12:59:23

@justkeeponsmiling Is this the one you mean? Might give it a bash. I'm CG at the moment and it leaves my hair a bit lank. But my hair is quite fine/thin so it's difficult getting the right products anyway

There seems to be an Ever Riche and a Super Riche, is this it?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=loreal+hair+expertise+super+riche&safe=active&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwif98filf7SAhXLSRoKHRoyCVwQ_AUICCgC&biw=320&bih=460#imgrc=6qwTz3WxZozrXM:

imjessie Thu 30-Mar-17 14:10:39

I've just stared using cantu products . You can get on amazon or boots online . Very cheap and recommended for curly girl .

imjessie Thu 30-Mar-17 14:12:14

Mega curly now ! 😱😱

justkeeponsmiling Thu 30-Mar-17 14:21:30

@MargotMoon those ones in the link are the ones I am using. I have fairly fine hair too. They are absolutely brilliant, I have tried loads of brands over the years and I haven't found a better product. Hope they suit your hair smile

MargotMoon Thu 30-Mar-17 19:02:30

Fantastic, thanks @justkeeponsmiling I will try them. Looks like they are on offer at the moment too - bonus!

You can get Cantu products at Boots now @imjessie - I tried the conditioner and the leave-in. The conditioner is great but the leave-in is too heavy for my hair. Yours looks great though

ChangelingToday Thu 30-Mar-17 22:10:45

Redken Curvaceous Curls is fantastic but not cheap

wendylondongb Mon 17-Apr-17 16:41:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now