Talk

Advanced search

Black leather bag for 50th

(15 Posts)
anxietyrus Wed 29-Mar-17 18:22:31

My mum is 50 in may and I wanted to get her something she wouldn't usually buy for herself so I've come to the conclusion of a bag as it's something she would use every day (although if you have any other ideas o am open to anything right now)

My budget isn't huge >£200
She's a very young 50 think hair extensions and nails (although not the girliest of girls)
She carries ALOT of crap around with her
She usually goes for black leather

Any of you any ideas where to begin?

I like radley bags but I'm not sure if that name suits her confused don't ask why I have come to that conclusion I have no idea!

HappyJanuary Wed 29-Mar-17 19:43:21

For around the £200 mark you could try Osprey, Coach or Russel & Bromley. All good quality leather without being £££.

Radley is nice quality too I think, but I hate the twee dog and ditsy prints. If I was a young 50yo I wouldn't want one!

anxietyrus Wed 29-Mar-17 20:10:20

Thank you happy I will look into those.

And I think you may have hit the nail on the head with radley!!!

selfishcrab Wed 29-Mar-17 20:17:47

I'm coming up 50 (soon) and don't like Radley at all!
I have a couple of coach handbags but shop around/look in the sale as £200 probably isn't enough.
I also have some Ted Baker bags, have a look in John Lewis and then shop about.
Osprey do some nice bags and they have shops in the outlet villages.
I like handbags and if my child was to buy me one for my 50th I would be over the moon.

Bitconfused75 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:22:16

Fossil do some nice bags - normally about the £150 Mark. Or Tula - in House of Fraser I think.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 29-Mar-17 20:41:00

Where are you? Could you get to a big outlet mall like Bicester, where they have masses of upmarket brands, and let her choose her own, with you paying? A day out for you both and a gift she chooses.

BarchesterFlowers Wed 29-Mar-17 21:04:03

Reduced

HappyJanuary Wed 29-Mar-17 22:14:05

Osprey has a clearance section, black/taupe hobo here.

Coach is pricey unless you go small or find an outlet - Bicester or McArthur Glen (York, Ellesmere Port, Mansfield etc).

Recently in top ten bags under £200 in Vogue apparently, at Russel and Bromley.

loobylou10 Wed 29-Mar-17 22:15:39

Fossil - I'm 50 and I've got 3 of them. Lovely, not too flashy but very well made.

SlothMama Wed 29-Mar-17 22:19:09

Try a designer outlet like bicester or Cheshire oaks, a nice Michael Kors, Kate Spade or Fossil are nice!

loobylou10 Wed 29-Mar-17 22:19:19

Maya hobo in black is nice - £199

Redken24 Wed 29-Mar-17 22:23:49

Probably really low in your price range but I love dune bags. Got my step mum a huge dark one for Xmas.

geordiedench Wed 29-Mar-17 22:25:30

I'm 50 and love Radley bags. They are not all twee dogs and ditsy prints. Loads of them are completely plain, classic designs. They're well made and a good price.
I have my eye on this at the moment. The blue dog tag is easily detachable.

geordiedench Wed 29-Mar-17 22:26:16

And it comes with a free purse right now too.

anxietyrus Wed 29-Mar-17 23:53:47

You lot are fantastic.

I'll have a look at every suggestion. Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now