Talk

Advanced search

Just bought some of that Just for Men grey covering shampoo ....

(21 Posts)
BorisJohnsonsHair Wed 29-Mar-17 16:49:50

has anyone else used it? I'm trying to grow out my hair dye, without getting my hair severely cut. For the past 3 months I've been using a wash in/wash out hair colour twice a week to cover the grey temporarily.

But then I saw what looked like a miracle - wash every day with this shampoo and it blends in all the grey hairs. At least I think that's what it's supposed to do grin

Has anyone used it yet? I've put the 48 hour skin test on today to make sure I'm not allergic to it.

Thanks.

itstheyearzero Thu 30-Mar-17 17:00:37

Did you try it? I bookmarked this thread because it sounds like something I might try but only if it was successful grin

brassbrass Thu 30-Mar-17 17:14:19

and why is it just for men???? is their hair made of something different?

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 30-Mar-17 18:43:34

I was using the aveda black Malva shampoo and conditioner before I went blonder. I found the conditioner worked better than the shampoo. But it does drain your hands, and shower if you don't wash it off fast enough. I kept a cheap big pot of body scrub in the shower just for my hands after using it.

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 30-Mar-17 18:43:48

Stain! Not drain

gincamelbak Thu 30-Mar-17 19:15:50

H uses it. He's had it for the last couple of weeks and it has been subtly darkening the greys. It's not a sudden I'VE DYED MY HAIR BLACK type of dye, but it is making the silver and grey less bright and more blended with his dark hair.

BorisJohnsonsHair Thu 30-Mar-17 19:16:22

Thanks for the tip Snowballs. I didn't know there was a women's version - I saw the Just for Men ad and thought, "I'll have that". Brass I think it comes in a more macho box grin.

Am going to try it tomorrow morning as the patch test you have to do is 48 hrs. It looks very black on my arm though.

Having second thoughts about getting my hair chopped off though, as it is looking a bit out of shape. I've got about 6 inches of dark dye left, so if I can get about 4 inches off then I'll be nearly there.

Will keep you posted as to how it's gone.

boopsy Thu 30-Mar-17 19:22:31

I really love that idea and dont know why they don't have the equivalent for women?

gincamelbak Thu 30-Mar-17 19:41:51

Women can use it. The shop assistants don't check for a penis when they sell the box of dye.

KP86 Thu 30-Mar-17 19:50:13

I guess the women's equivalent would be henna shampoo?

SorrelSoup Thu 30-Mar-17 19:50:38

You do need bollocks though! grin

SorrelSoup Thu 30-Mar-17 19:51:38

You mean the control gx one? Sounds good.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 30-Mar-17 19:53:28

Sounds interesting!

brassbrass Thu 30-Mar-17 20:02:21

I wasn't being entirely serious grin

gincamelbak would it be possible to see a pic of your DH's hair?

BakeOffBiscuits Thu 30-Mar-17 20:09:56

Oh interestinggrin. Place marking for updates.

Could you do us a before and after photo BorisJohnson? that's a sentence I never thought I would write

BorisJohnsonsHair Fri 31-Mar-17 11:12:40

pmsl at BakeOff

Well, my phone takes rubbish pictures, so I'm sure it wouldn't really help. I did it this morning and it really hasn't made any noticeable difference so far. Mind you, I did use conditioner afterwards so maybe washed most of it out again?

I'll keep trying it for the next few days but am seriously considering having a lot of hair chopped off and letting the grey grow out (although I think it will age me about 20 years so may end up dyeing it again!)

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 31-Mar-17 11:16:53

What if you get caught in the rain? Will the temporary colour wash out and stain your clothes? confused

Venchi Fri 31-Mar-17 14:33:59

can we have a link to this product. My hair is mid brown, do they have a version of this that is brown not black?

Venchi Fri 31-Mar-17 14:36:12

yes they do

BorisJohnsonsHair Tue 04-Apr-17 06:47:51

Well it seems to have worked a bit, as by now the grey would be very obvious. I ended uo having lots chopped off though, so the contrast isn't as noticeable anyway. Sorry not to be more helpful!

Pollypickypocket Tue 04-Apr-17 13:46:09

Be careful lots of these types of colour restores have metallic salts in them which can then make your hair incompatible with normal dyes ! Check the box !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now