Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

is this poncho a bad idea?

(15 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 29-Mar-17 11:39:12

www.joules.com/Gifting/For-Her/Capability/Poncho/French-Navy?id=V_CAPABILITY%7CFRNAVY

do you think they add too much bulk?

namechange20050 Wed 29-Mar-17 11:40:11

I think as long as you have slim legs and wear something that shows them off then it'll look fab.

burnishedsilver Wed 29-Mar-17 11:44:42

I have something similar. It doesn't look bulky but it makes carrying a handbag difficult.

keeponkeepinon Wed 29-Mar-17 11:45:48

I'm errr, 5'3", and somewhat chesty...I'd wear with skinnies but not exactly got skinny thighs...

KoalaDownUnder Wed 29-Mar-17 11:46:13

I expected to hate it but I really like it.

keeponkeepinon Wed 29-Mar-17 11:48:51

The buttons are great on it, but the buttonholes are so loose they keep popping open. Highly irritating. Without the shape from the buttons being fastened, I don't like the shape of it. Not sure whether to send back. 50 isnt exactly cheap either!

elQuintoConyo Wed 29-Mar-17 11:50:50

Me too Koala blush

I'd wear it as the model does - skinny jeans and some print on the sticking-out arms.

Handbag in the crook of my arm would piss me off sad

elQuintoConyo Wed 29-Mar-17 11:51:49

Could you sew the buttonholes up a bit?

Or sew them closed and get in and out of the cape like you would a jumper?

Clickncollect Wed 29-Mar-17 11:56:52

I bought this last week ! Ordered in the plum and navy and liked both but can only afford one so kept the navy
I'm really pleased with it as I think it hangs well and it covers my bum comfortably. Totally agree about the buttons popping open so I sewed the holes up slightly and it's made all the difference.

Cherrypie32 Wed 29-Mar-17 12:56:32

I have a past season Joules poncho in same style in grey. I'm a busty size 14/16 top but have slim legs and it works for me. I wear a cross body bag, it's fine, and often put a scarf round the polo neck too. Autumn and spring are great poncho seasons!

user1490538976 Wed 29-Mar-17 13:00:21

I clicked expecting to hate it but it's actually nice ..I don't think they add bulk especially as your going to balance it out with slim fit bottoms

PaperdollCartoon Wed 29-Mar-17 13:01:49

I actually really like it. I'm 5"2 and medium chesty, I'd wear with skinny jeans and boots.

Greenvalleymama Wed 29-Mar-17 13:08:07

Another one expecting to hate it, but actually love it!

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 29-Mar-17 13:22:53

Those sleeves would give me the rage. Cold enough for a jumper but warm enough for arms out? Madness.

nextchapterplease Thu 30-Mar-17 14:20:08

I have this in the plum and have worn it lots to wide acclaim - you do have be careful with balance of bottoms I agree but it isn't unflattering and I am not slim !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: