Talk

Advanced search

Best Fake Tan

(11 Posts)
MmmmWine Wed 29-Mar-17 10:18:02

Am off to Majorca over Easter for a long weekend.
I am a total fake tan novice but I can't show off my legs and arms the colour that they are at the moment! (white with a hint of blue!)
Could anyone recommend a fake tan? Or give me some tips on applying it?
My last attempt at fake tanning - some 5 years ago - left me with orange knees and ankles. Not the bronzed look I was aiming for grin

sureitsgrand Wed 29-Mar-17 10:19:27

I find coco brown very good! I think it's available in UK? Apply with a mitt, very easy to use.

BumbleNova Wed 29-Mar-17 10:24:29

Vita Liberata! its a great colour and easy to apply because its tinted so you can see exactly where you have missed.

in terms of application tips, a couple of days before start exfoliating in the shower and pay particular attention to knees, ankles and elbows. slather on lots of moisturiser. prior to application, give yourself a final gentle exfoliate in the shower. definitely get yourself an application mitt from boots/superdrug and apply by stroking it over your skin, dont rub! apply sparingly to ankles and knees.

MmmmWine Wed 29-Mar-17 11:59:37

Thanks - will check out both!
Thanks also for the application tips bumble

Destinysdaughter Wed 29-Mar-17 12:02:46

I'd just go get a spray tan tbh, much less hassle!

BringMeTea Wed 29-Mar-17 12:22:45

Vita Liberata is good but as pp said I would consider a spray tan. Never had one but if you are very white it might give you a better overall effect with much less room for error. Happy holidays!

user1490538976 Wed 29-Mar-17 12:25:45

I think gradual moisturiser is your best bet ..builds up gradually so no harsh white to orange moment.
Use it a few nights before you go away and then keep it up by adding normal moisturiser

Mylittlebee Wed 29-Mar-17 15:16:33

St tropez gradual tan is perfect! It's the only one ill use.

Shamoffour Wed 29-Mar-17 17:07:36

I always have a Vita Liberata spray tan before I go away. You can have either light or dark. I go for dark but I'm quite olive.

Comps83 Wed 29-Mar-17 17:50:04

After trying all sorts for years I now use Rimmel in shower. It's so quick + easy to put on. It's like the St Tropez shower one but i tried that and barely changed colour even though I'm corpse white.

MmmmWine Wed 29-Mar-17 19:18:22

Thanks all! Hopefully I won't scare people after your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now