Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know a good fashion/style book?

(9 Posts)
user1490734428 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:01:50

Hi all,

It's my mum's birthday next week (she is 47) and she wants a fun, easy-reading style book (she's a lecturer so something where she doesn't have to think...) "like Trinny and Susannah". Theirs are quite good because they're detailed, amusing and full of outfits but she has pretty much the entire collection. I've looked around but all I can find are

a) artsy expensive books full of mainly blank pages based on someone's Instagram photos
b) really high fashion books for fashion students explaining the meaning behind Lady Gaga's meat dress
c) Gok Wan, who's a bit naff imo...

If anyone has any suggestions they would be really appreciated! smile

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 28-Mar-17 22:43:10

This probably isn't what you're after, but I bought this for a v stylish friend - it's a really lovely book.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0141372400/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Lucked Tue 28-Mar-17 22:52:11

Ines de la Fressange has a look book out and an older book but I haven't read them, if you buy one of them come back and review them please 😀

Lucked Tue 28-Mar-17 22:54:21

Just realised the look book isn't out until the 6th of April.

nevergooglenevergoogle Tue 28-Mar-17 22:56:40

the no black project by numba pinkerton is quite fun. all about how to wear colour.

ChishandFips33 Wed 29-Mar-17 02:22:10

Knickers Models Own

Caroline lost her mum to Cancer and began supporting the charity her mum loved by creating a new daily outfit from charity shop finds

user1490734428 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:55:02

Thanks a lot guys - I went for The No Black Project in the end. The others look really good - especially the Knickers Model's Own one, though I only saw after I'd already ordered, so that may end up being a Christmas present........to myself....

ChishandFips33 Wed 29-Mar-17 18:04:08

Her Instagram account has lots of her outfits on - it inspired me to charity shop more and I've worn so many more styles/colours than I ever would've done smile

nevergooglenevergoogle Thu 30-Mar-17 16:12:36

yay, i hope she likes it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now