Talk

Advanced search

Work outfit for weddings help?

(8 Posts)
whensitmyturn Tue 28-Mar-17 21:12:03

Hoping for some suggestions.
Part of my new job is that I assist with weddings which can mean everything- co-ordinating them, helping with room set up/on the bar/working reception etc etc

We wear our own clothes and I'm struggling to think of outfits that make me look smart and official without me looking like a guest!

Flat shoes are a must for all the running round I do, any ideas for the rest of it?

choppolata Tue 28-Mar-17 21:32:18

Black skirt/trousers and a white shirt always looks staff-like to me.

MotherOfBeagles Tue 28-Mar-17 21:39:00

The wedding coordinators at our venue always wore some form of black pants/skirt/dress with white shirt/smart top/blazer and flat shoes. Smart but not guest like!

Leopard12 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:43:40

I'd go with fully black or black and white, either skirt and top or leggings/trousers rather than dresses

PragmaticWench Tue 28-Mar-17 22:05:15

I'd say that you can have colour but keep it muted, although no pastels. No patterns or floral either.

I think a smart, tailored but not tight, dress with a blazer and either flats or a low heel.

tabbymog Tue 28-Mar-17 22:17:34

This is a situation where there should be an identifiable staff appearance so guests can tell who is staff without being embarrassed. I'd go with the suggested black and white combo; trim trousers or skirt in lightweight wool or drapey-crepey fabric and white shirt or blouse, whichever suits you best. Probably trousers are better than a skirt because flat shoes go better with them. Add some nice trim, a narrow belt with a good buckle; look at the blouse buttons, replace with pearlised or small gold ones if they're grotty.

One thing I always wear if I'm on show, is slip-on shoulder pads. I'm narrow shouldered and my shoulders also slope quite a lot. As well as that I'm a big bra cup size so I look ungainly if I don't balance out my appearance with shoulder pads. If the shirt or blouse doesn't have them these are the shoulder pads I wear, they're flesh coloured and stay in place by themselves, very useful.

tabbymog Tue 28-Mar-17 22:51:02

Polished black shoes, too, heels and especially toes covered. You don't want drunken guests standing on your bare toes. sad

whensitmyturn Tue 28-Mar-17 23:23:31

Thanks for all your help I've got some decent blank trousers and will invest in a smart black shirt.
I daren't wear white as you get covered in all sorts from dust/ to spilt drinks/ food so black seems to be the way forward!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now