Talk

Advanced search

Removing very thick glitter acrylic nails

(8 Posts)
Reba0706 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:09:34

I had some acrylic nails done today by a beauty student for her to try them out and I really need to get them off! Bless her I'm sure she did them well but I'm not a nails person at all and I'm finding them so uncomfortable. They are super thick...probably up to 5mm on some edges and my nails are so soft and sensitive underneath that they are hurting and I'm feeling a little panicky that I just need to get rid of them. She used very thick acrylic powder along with glitter powder topped with clear gel polish. I've tried putting polish remover on cotton wool and covering with foil and sitting for 30 mins and it hasn't even touched them

dailystuck71 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:13:22

You need acetone to take them off. Normal polish remover won't work.

blueskyinmarch Tue 28-Mar-17 21:14:03

I think you would be best going to a salon and paying to get them removed properly.

Reba0706 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:17:07

Thank you. I was thinking I may need to pay to get them removed but just wondered if there was anything I could do at home as I won't get chance to go to a salon until the weekend and can't imagine how fed up of them I'm going to be by then! Can you buy acetone from boots?

VinoEsmeralda Tue 28-Mar-17 21:19:47

I had mine removed ( gel nails) and the relieve was amazing!
They soak them in acetone ( so healthy- not) and then grind them off with a polishing tool, back in, layer by layer it comes off.

Never ever again however they looked fab but hated not being able to pick my nose:-)

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 28-Mar-17 21:20:46

Yes you can buy it from anywhere really.

Put the acetone in a small bowl and put that bowl in a larger bowl of hot water to heat the acetone.

Place finger nails in bowl (bend all your fingers so they all fit in, nails down) and leave there for a few minutes.

Remove from bowl and wipe nails vigorously then file the soft acrylic away.

You'll need to do this several times per hand to get them off.

dailystuck71 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:33:04

Sorry but I disagree. Acetone on cotton pads over nail. Wrap in tinfoil and wait 15 minutes. Should scrape off with an orange stick easily.

AlisonS13 Tue 28-Mar-17 23:01:22

I second dailystuck71.
Buff the shine off with a buffing block then acetone on cotton pad, wrap in foil for 15 mins and off it comes.
I always use phenom oil after ( 2 or 3 times the evening I remove) then twice daily for a week minimum to rehydrate the nails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now