Talk

Advanced search

Greasy hair from hell

(10 Posts)
08Amber Tue 28-Mar-17 20:58:12

Can anyone recommend a good conditioner to use while I'm pregnant?

I am 24W into my first pregnancy and my greasy hair is becoming the bane of my life. I try not to wash it too often as that seems to make it worse but it's also worse when i use conditioner!

I really hate washing my hair without conditioning but I've been having to recently. Any suggestions of a good conditioner to tackle greasy hair?

Softkitty2 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:02:06

How about using conditioner first and then use shampoo afterwards.

Or use co washing products

08Amber Tue 28-Mar-17 21:04:11

I did try to condition first but I seemed to get the same result.

I will definitely try co-washing options though!

OohNoDooEy Tue 28-Mar-17 21:14:32

I like this www.amazon.co.uk/Stafford-Oily-Roots-Ends-Shampoo/dp/B00KOSM3M6?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Put lots of dry shampoo on before bed. So you look like you're covered in talc when you wake up it's magically soaked in and degreased

OlennasWimple Tue 28-Mar-17 21:16:21

How long is your hair?

Leave in conditioner that you keep well away from your roots might work?

Babymamamama Tue 28-Mar-17 21:16:50

Stop using conditioner? Timotei also do a good shampoo for greasy hair. Wash less often and use dry shampoo. Otherwise oily hair can be a cycle. The more you wash the more you need to wash.

Maugrim Tue 28-Mar-17 21:16:58

I found shampoo, followed by a diluted vinegar rinse did wonders and I used a heat spray if not air drying. Sounds odd, but seriously worked really well and the vinegar conditions as it is to do with ph balance etc.

Once all went back to normal I'm now using a light conditioner and a bb cream for hair thing that wella do

08Amber Tue 28-Mar-17 21:38:32

My hair is really long, so i only ever condition the ends.

Thank you for some great advice. Someone also suggested changing my pillow cases, has anyone ever heard of this?

PragmaticWench Tue 28-Mar-17 22:08:00

I have oily skin and hair due to contraception and changing my pillow case at least twice a week makes a difference.

Nicketynac Tue 28-Mar-17 22:44:35

I use Loreal Elvive thickening range, the original one, not the ones in see through bottles. It is not designed for oily hair but it is pretty drying and it does the trick for me. Also nice and cheap - always on offer somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now