Talk

Advanced search

Ring too big - solution?

(10 Posts)
littlepooch Tue 28-Mar-17 18:07:36

I have a beautiful ring that I would like to wear but it's too big. I don't want to have it permanently resized just yet because I am pregnant so think my fingers may swell and because I am planning to lose weight post baby so want to see wait and see what my fingers are like when I get down to my goal weight.

I'm sure in the past my mum had these silicone or plastic clips that went on the bottom of the ring to make it smaller temporarily but I can't for the life of me think what they are called. Does anyone know what I mean and would you recommend? I don't want anything that will damage the ring.

flapjackfairy Tue 28-Mar-17 18:08:38

Dont know what called but can buy them at claires or at least you could !

JacquelineChan Tue 28-Mar-17 18:09:35

Yes claires accessories

MissisBoote Tue 28-Mar-17 18:09:35

They're just called ring clips. You can get them on ebay.

Notwhatiexpected Tue 28-Mar-17 18:11:36

I found eating a lot of food has made my rings smaller. wink

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 28-Mar-17 18:13:15

They're called ring snuggies or ring snugs in a lot of places online I think.

RedSandYellowSand Tue 28-Mar-17 18:17:43

something like these

littlepooch Tue 28-Mar-17 21:02:48

Thanks all! I knew you'd know!! Off to Claire's at the weekend...

notwhatiexpected - I suspect that is what will happen grin

MrsGsnow18 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:06:14

Ring snuggies were the ones I bought, ordered them online. I preferrred them to the claires ones, I ended up going through quite a few as they got quite dirty looking after a while.

Fozzleyplum Tue 28-Mar-17 22:22:20

You can get a metal one from jewellers or online - like this. They are easier to keep clean than the plastic tube ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now