Talk

Advanced search

New Balance Trainers

(11 Posts)
BlondeGinger Tue 28-Mar-17 16:35:05

Are they 'cool'?! We're going on a city break this weekend, so expecting lots of walking etc. and would like to be comfy but also look stylish. I'm thinking of wearing them with ankle grazer jeans in black or dark denim.
Are New Balance trainers stylish? Or does anyone have any other cool looking trainer suggestions?
I've attached pics of the ones I think I like.

BusterGonad Tue 28-Mar-17 17:03:13

I've got these. They look horrible in this picture but I really like them. I had them in the 90s indie days too in navy, loved them then and love them now!

civilfawlty Tue 28-Mar-17 17:04:18

They are super cool. I love them. Especially with a stripy sock.

BusterGonad Tue 28-Mar-17 17:06:06

They are extremely comfortable, much more comfy than Adidas imo.

Dafspunk Tue 28-Mar-17 17:06:24

I'm going to sound like a big spoilsport but isn't it a little bit silly to get brand new footwear for a whole weekend of walking with no time to break them in? Might want to stock up on the plasters!

LorLorr2 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:11:19

Yes they are indeed 'trendy'!!

However. Recently something came out where the brand was linked to being pro-Trump or racist or something hmm I still wear mine though, I find they are great for comfort when walking!

BusterGonad Tue 28-Mar-17 17:11:55

Daft I really don't think they'll need breaking in, they are externally comfortable. I bought mine on holiday to wear as my others got soaked in the rain and stunk! 🤢

simmonsbythesea Tue 28-Mar-17 17:13:32

Another spoilsport here - they are lovely but that colour will get trashed in the rain. Especially if your dark jeans are newish and the colour is still prone to running.

Nike Internationists are similar, I've got some in khaki and dark grey which look great with dark jeans.

Try Zalando, they have a trainer sale on at the moment, although they may not get here for the weekend.

BlondeGinger Tue 28-Mar-17 17:17:02

Love the mint accents on yours Buster!
Thanks for your replies everyone! I shall definitely take plasters!
Good point Simmons, maybe I'll go for the darker colour. I'll definitely look on Zalando, Thank you!

BusterGonad Tue 28-Mar-17 17:22:47

If you go for the pale white ones invest in a protective spray! Actually those aren't mine! 😂 mine are similar! No wonder they weren't as nice!

BusterGonad Tue 28-Mar-17 17:24:51

Mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now