Talk

Advanced search

Products for wavy/tousled bob

(8 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Tue 28-Mar-17 15:49:59

Just had hair cut from long long long to shoulder length waved bob... looked lovely when hairdresser did it but now... not so much. What products do I need to create waves and also hold them? I have a curling wand but curls drop very easily on freshly washed hair...

Thanks

andonwego Tue 28-Mar-17 15:54:05

I use sea-salt spray - usually I make my own out of epsom salts - lots of recipes to be found on google smile

It is a kind of beachy/surfer look, though - not sure if that's what you're going for . .

PonderLand Tue 28-Mar-17 15:59:28

Please please can you post a pic? I've just asked this question on a thread haha. I've heard salt spray is good but some seem to be 'crunchier' than others. I was looking and bumble and bumble but it's mixed reviews

andonwego Tue 28-Mar-17 16:02:13

I'm averse to posting pics, I'm afraid - sorry! But yes, it is crunchier - however if you make it yourself you can add aloe vera gel (the 99.9 % stuff) and some essential oils. Also anything else to give a more moisturizing balance.

the key is to not use too much - less is more, as they say. Also especially not on the ends of your hair, where it will get weighted down.

fiorentina Tue 28-Mar-17 18:08:27

I use the Toni and Guy one from Boots and it isn't too crunchy and only £2.50 for a small bottle so if you don't like it, not too expensive!

I also asked a similar question and have just ordered a waver rather than curling tongs to see how that looks..

Teaandcake08 Tue 28-Mar-17 19:29:37

Hey OP I also had very very long hair and had it all lopped off for wavy bob look!
here's my routine-
Dry hair upside down for volume
Section hair in two-upper and lower of head.
Curl sections away from face and leave last bit of hair out of the iron iyswim . (I use straighteners, much easier to curl with than I thought!)
On the top sections around my face I curl like you would a ribbon with scissors and pull it through slowly for a softer look.
Spritz roughly with salt spray (currently using Superdrug own)
I also use Label m miracle fibre to rough it up a bit holding curl/volume and looking a bit more natural.
Then good old Elnett to finish.
I wash & style every 2/3 days then refresh with dry shampoo between. Actually looks better on 2nd day most times! If I've flattened it too much at night to just re-curl a few bits here and there.
Hope that helps a bit!

Euphemia Tue 28-Mar-17 20:10:19

Aveda Curl Enhancer - I didn't like their shampoo and conditioner, but this is nice.

Redtartanshoes Tue 28-Mar-17 21:45:45

Ah that's really helpful thanks. Washed it last night and just straightened but it's looked flat and rubbish today. Will curl tomorrow and go in search of products

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now