Talk

Advanced search

Over 50% grey now what to do !!! HELP !

(8 Posts)
Peakyblinder Tue 28-Mar-17 15:13:01

So I am 42 and am currently doing my roots a block colour every 2 weeks ! I'm trying to bridge the gap by using the Loreal brown spray but honestly its starting to look obvious.

I have a major silver skunk stripe and the whole front turns silver within a fortnight. I reckon if I left it nearly all of it is silver/grey sad

What are my choices ?
PLEASE HELP !!

MaryQuant Tue 28-Mar-17 16:09:16

Ash blond highlights?
Still grey but will blend in?
Expensive though

MaryQuant Tue 28-Mar-17 16:10:24

Ash blond highlights?
Still grey but will blend in?
Expensive though
But don't need to as often,

SparkyBlue Tue 28-Mar-17 16:13:57

Interested in this as well. My grey is awful. I get my colour done every five or six weeks but do my roots myself In between. I tried going more blonde a while back but it just didn't suit me at all. I am naturally auburn and I have freckles and skin with a pink undertone so darker colours flatter my skin a lot more.

SkippiDiDoDah Tue 28-Mar-17 19:37:16

Pixie cut, grow out the grey so ditch the slavery to the dye.

Yep, done it. Love it - do not regret it. There are a couple of recent threads about it on here - and some older ones.

Seriously - life is too short to be wearing blorange/dyed hair - and you may find you feel and look younger going au natural.

SkippiDiDoDah Tue 28-Mar-17 19:57:05

Or just grow out the skunk line. Others have done that too.

ChocolateSherberts2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:32:34

A poster on another thread recently dyed her hair silver, it looked amazing. Would that be an option for you as there is a trend for it atm.

QueenofLouisiana Wed 29-Mar-17 00:29:50

I've gone silver. Looks loads better than re-doing a colour every few weeks.

It takes a while as you need to bleach out the colour then put on a toner, but I'm really happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now