Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend best look to disguise grey roots coming through?

(9 Posts)
catsarenice Tue 28-Mar-17 05:19:08

My hair is in a kind of medium bob and I tend to dye it variations of brown/reddish brown etc. Am actually going to a salon for the first time in a year and don't know what to ask for. I really do have a LOT of grey and have enough regrow to need dyeing again after around 4 weeks. I really want a bit of a new look- maybe some highlights or dipped ends or something but something that will disguise the regrowth for a bit longer. Can't find anything from googling. Please inspire me with some really nice colours! I'm open to all ideas!

Kennington Tue 28-Mar-17 07:09:26

Ash blond highlights are good for disguising regrowth. Or at least I have these on mid brown hair.
But even then I touch up monthly myself.
Those brown hair dye lipsticks from pharmacy can be painted on roots for a few days too. Clairol are good for ash touch ups.
Reddish hair dye is difficult to manage with grey though as the grey can go pinkish.

Destinysdaughter Tue 28-Mar-17 09:43:46

I used to have dark brown hair, is much easier to be blonde as you go grey, is softer on the face too!

sergeantmajor Tue 28-Mar-17 12:29:56

Color Wow is quite handy to touch up roots in between dyes. I dye my white roots every fortnight at home using Daniel Field water colours, which is permanent but doesn't damage the hair.

TearGas Tue 28-Mar-17 13:44:35

My hair is mainly white at the front. I have high-(low?)-lights - a mixture of light blonde and darker blonde (cool tones) - and sometimes an all over tint in between, but not keen on the regrowth line, so mainly stick to highlights.

jeaux90 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:56:19

Dark ashy blonde as mine have started. Really helps disguise the growth but then I also discovered the L'Oréal spray on root concealer. Awesome product and I get an extra 2-3 weeks on what I used to get using it.

bojorojo Tue 28-Mar-17 14:03:21

Difficult to go ash blonde if your natural colour is dark brown though. I have gone to copper tones and don't have an obvious parting. It is so expensive to keep having regrowth done though.

KindDogsTail Tue 28-Mar-17 14:20:47

Highlights allowing some grey to remain look the best when the hair re-grows. The hairdresser would need to start by weaving some colours with what you've already put in for now though.

If you want to have completely no grey hair, then you would need to go to the hairdresser every two weeks.

catsarenice Tue 28-Mar-17 20:05:48

Grey hair is so annoying - surely someone should've come up with a permanent solution by now?! Thanks for your suggestions - think I might see if the hairdresser will do some blondie bits to at least disguise it for a bit longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now