Talk

Advanced search

Suitable for vegan stylish comfy shoes

(24 Posts)
economymode Mon 27-Mar-17 20:28:52

I feel like I'm searching for the impossible. I'm quite particular about my shoes (do a lot of walking) and, as they wear out, am replacing my leather ones with others that are suitable for a vegan lifestyle.

To give you an idea of my style, i like the more feminine DM boots (so comfy but their vegan range doesn't have these styles), camper, art etc. Possibly brands considered frumpy!

I wear a lot of knee length dresses/skirts as well as jeans.

I'm a sahm so don't have to be super smart.

Converse and superga rip my feet to shreds! I have some sketchers which i love but aren't great with dresses.

Any ideas?!

economymode Mon 27-Mar-17 20:29:34

And thank you!

choppolata Mon 27-Mar-17 21:01:05

Wills Vegan Shoes might have something for you, they are decent quality. Also Vegetarian Shoes in Brighton are woth a look, they have DM style boots made in the old DM factory. Ethical Wares maybe although they have some horrors. Beyond Skin and Bourgeois Boheme have lovely shoes but very expensive.

coragreta Mon 27-Mar-17 21:24:42

My vegan husband likes toms shoes. Pulse they donate a pair 1 for 1

coragreta Mon 27-Mar-17 21:25:04

*plus

economymode Mon 27-Mar-17 21:42:06

Thanks both. I actually ordered some boots from wills a year or so back but returned them as they felt so flimsy and looked quite plasticy. Will see if they've added to their range.

Are Toms comfy/supportive? I walk a lot on school run/life in general. What i like about my DMs is the sole. So so comfy. Ditto sketchers. I have these DMs to give you an idea of style: www.scorpioshoes.com/womens-c3/boots-c11/mid-calf-boots-c59/dr-martens-dr-martens-charla-womens-leather-mid-calf-low-wedge-heel-zip-boots-black-p44675/s53520?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dr-martens-charla-womens-leather-mid-calf-low-wedge-heel-zip-boots-b-size-uk-3-97082020&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKEAjw8OLGBRCklJalqKHzjQ0SJACP4BHrTv9yVbfA3nM2j-n3nbLYp9ptrL_nFIUTXHn5pzm5thoCAhHw_wcB

All the specific veg/vegan sites i look at are all earth mother like. I'm sure they are comfy but i do want a bit of style as well!

Will go back with an open mind!

coragreta Mon 27-Mar-17 21:56:03

My husband walks a lot. 3miles to work and back every day. His toms last about a year and a half before they wear out. His other shoes last a lot less. He never complains they're uncomfortable.

economymode Mon 27-Mar-17 22:02:04

That's interesting. Had always assumed they were for light wear. I walk at least 3 miles per day, usually more. Will def look into those. Thanks!

Cakescakescakes Mon 27-Mar-17 22:03:54

Blowfish are a brand who make great vegan options. I live in their Granola sandals in summer.

choppolata Mon 27-Mar-17 23:44:55

I have Wills work boots for traipsing to and from work, they have held up well. If you are in London the Third Estate have a good range of vegan boots/shoes from various suppliers. If you happen to find any biker boots that don't look crap and plastic please let me know, I've been looking for years!

economymode Tue 28-Mar-17 06:49:34

Ah yes, blowfish! Thank you.

Going to have another look at wills with fresh eyes. Was just so disappointed with the boots. Looked really cheap but they obviously weren't!

Choppolata yes yes yes! The eternal quest....

Veterinari Tue 28-Mar-17 06:56:32

This style of toms have a much more supportive and comfy sole
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H5YM3YO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490680519&sr=1-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=toms+shoes&dpPl=1&dpID=41jjTRB3bAL&ref=plSrch&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Veterinari Tue 28-Mar-17 07:00:17

For boots I often buy at the supermarkets or New Look - often nice non-leather and good quality

economymode Tue 28-Mar-17 11:49:06

Thanks! How do toms size up? Assuming they'll stretch if canvas? My feet are pretty wide...

Veterinari Wed 29-Mar-17 22:08:49

Mine are too - I'd say that they're true to size and yes the canvas stretches

TheBitterBoy Thu 30-Mar-17 09:23:50

I live in Rocket Dogs - they have a decent range of non-leather boots which I wear all winter, then I swap to their Jazzin sneakers in spring - much comfier than converse IMHO.

Mrs9C Thu 30-Mar-17 09:38:13

Toms are amazing, I own 3 pairs now, they're so comfortable and look good with a dress or jeans.

economymode Thu 30-Mar-17 12:38:27

Thanks everyone. Ordered a pair of Toms and if i like will get another pair.

Will check out rocket dog too!

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 30-Mar-17 12:40:40

Komodo.

Goldfishjane Thu 30-Mar-17 12:51:55

I like the look of Rocket Dog but I always thought they looked like they'd be uncomfortable?

I tend to do all my buying online though so it's a couple of years since I've physically looked at them though tbh.

Veterinari Thu 30-Mar-17 18:35:52

Oh yes rocket dog! I forgot I have several of their boots - careful though as some of them are leather so read the descriptions

Veronicat Thu 30-Mar-17 19:40:00

I have a fab pair of blowfish boots that look lovely with dresses and leggings. So comfortable!

TheBitterBoy Thu 30-Mar-17 21:57:24

Goldfish some of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned have been Rocket Dogs, like a comfy pair of slippers. Haven't bought any of the more recent styles though, as ones from a couple of years ago are still going strong despite daily wear throughout winter. I have a pair of Jazzin sneakers with a teddy bear lining, they are amazing, and have never rubbed like converse do.

MojoMoon Fri 31-Mar-17 09:44:10

Not cheap but handmade etc so hopefully decent quality

www.friendship.shoes/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now