Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there pants that won't bisect my buttocks?

(23 Posts)
saladsmoothie Mon 27-Mar-17 19:34:50

I recently noticed that my pant elastic bisects my buttocks. It's not a good look. It gives me a 4-buttock effect.

Can anyone recommend some reasonably stylish, comfortable (and affordable) pants that will contain my whole buttock? Without being horrendous enormo-pants.

I'm hoping something flattering exists.

Tatlerer Mon 27-Mar-17 20:40:35

Hats off for the bum bisection terminology! I know what you mean. Erm, do you think you might need to buy a size bigger (puts on hard hat)? I tend to find that has done the trick for me in the past.

leadrightfoot Mon 27-Mar-17 20:44:06

Depending on the style you currently wear you may need to look for a different cut I.e. Change from high leg to shorts
Also size does matter, we all change shape with time as well as exercise and or weight change so check the dimensions of pants versus you before committing.
Used used to buy microfibre pants from BHS but not possible any more

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 27-Mar-17 21:10:58

No help on actual pants, but I am a size 10/12, and absolutely always buy a size 14 in knickers. I can't deal with digging in or uncomfy.

Polkadot1974 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:31:22

No VPL shorts are great!

AmberNectarine Mon 27-Mar-17 22:42:09

This is why I wear thongs.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 27-Mar-17 22:46:22

I hate all pants. I have a very curvy behind (I'm only a size 12 all over) and nothing fits properly. I almost always wear huge lycra boy shorts now, up to the waist and goes to below the bum cheek. Mostly black. I actually feel much sexier in them than smaller pants as well, they're smooth and seemless.

OlennasWimple Mon 27-Mar-17 23:27:06

Try TK Maxx for nice, seamless pants

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 27-Mar-17 23:30:21

I bought some seamless pants from matalan today - so far there's no digging in and they've stayed put smile

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 27-Mar-17 23:31:50

John Lewis do some nice, soft, seam-free pants.

Cakescakescakes Mon 27-Mar-17 23:33:09

M and S midis

travailtotravel Mon 27-Mar-17 23:38:20

Embrace the enormo pant _ comfy and non bisecting. If prospect of seduction imminent, whip off in bathroom to avoid unflattering references and Bridget Jones moment.

LanaorAna1 Tue 28-Mar-17 00:09:36

I've battled with bum bisection woes, and now I'm addicted to size XL cotton primark (or M&S) full pants. Bliss. They're so retro they're almost sexy - well, almost. Stuff that, you feel so comfortable feeling sexy is a whole lot easier.

Buy them a lot too big, they won't bag that much, and always remember happiness is a warm bum.

AwkwardSquad Tue 28-Mar-17 06:12:15

Recent convert to the enormo-pant here. So comfy, and no shifting around under my clothes.

walruswhiskers Tue 28-Mar-17 06:40:46

Gym honey from tkmaxx. Cotton. And v comfy. Not too Bridget Jones either.

Bostin Tue 28-Mar-17 06:42:35

Just buy a size bigger. Hey presto.

taybert Tue 28-Mar-17 07:06:10

I've started getting shorts style pants from Sainsbury's due to this (one size up) and they don't give me quad bum BUT they sit fairly low on my hips and give me hip bulges instead. I'm seriously considering enormo pants, after all, I do have my clothes on most of the time.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 28-Mar-17 14:07:45

I used to get french knickers, they were widely available somewhere around 1990 - pretty enormopants.grinnow prefer thongs under jeans/trousers, always a size or two up.

saladsmoothie Tue 28-Mar-17 16:54:19

Hmm.

I'm afraid bum floss is simply not an option. Just... no.

Will investigate a few sizes bigger, but am not convinced. I dropped 3 sizes in the last year and my old pants simply fall to my ankles, comedy style. Or wrinkle.

It looks worst in the gym, tbh - because that's the only place I wear tight lycra leggings which leave nothing to the imagination, funnily enough.

Is there such a thing as a wonderbra for bums?

cannaethink Tue 28-Mar-17 17:34:54

I like the high waisted shorts from m&s. They don't do multipacks though, you have to buy them individually. Comfy and no bisecting!

Logoplanter Tue 28-Mar-17 19:07:56

I've got men's boxers. Very comfy and no riding up your bum. Only problem is VPL if you're wearing something tight.

LindyHemming Tue 28-Mar-17 19:17:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FindingNormal Tue 28-Mar-17 22:26:10

You could just go commando?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now